Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Run marina run

Marinas pov

I was running to the bow and arrows when I was tackled to the surprisingly green ground by someone. I look up and see Carson on top of me slashing his knife at me. I dodged all of his swings by turning my head left and right and tried to get on top of him but I coulding. then all in one swipe of the knife Carson hit my right shoulder making me scream in pain.then the weight of Carson got off of me. I looked over to my left and saw acrtion, the girl from district 8, on top of Carson.
"RUN MARINA RUN!" she yelled and I jumped up running and grabbed the bow and arrows. after I got them ran off to the right heading to the forest with her behind me.
"Where is everyone?" I asked while running
"Over there!" she yelled and we ran into the direction that she was pointing to witch was to my left.
"Hey guys" I said as we made it to them
"Hey guys. you ok?" barly the guy from district 12 asked
"Were good" I said looking over at acrtion
"Yep all good" she said and we walked over to a huge tree.
"Ok acrtion you go and look for some clean water. barly and Lilly go set up some traps. I'll go and look for some more weapons. see you all back here before sun down." I said
"Ok" they all said and we split up me going back to corn, acrtion going left and barly and Lilly going right. I walked around the corn and found a trident, knifes, and a bag. all on or in some dead persons hand or back. I walked past the big tree that we meat up at and put the knifes, bag and bow and arrows in the tree where there was a hole in the truck. I walked along the tree line with trident in hand just in case anyone or thing came at me. nothing, absolutely nothing. no sign of anyone, no sign of animals, no sign of anything. I looked around in the dessert to find nothing but heat and sand, like that will help. I swam in the water for fish but couldn't find anything really. this is a waist. better go back before they start to wonder. I starts to walk back in a direction that I thought was to the big tree but, of course, I was wrong. I've been walking for too long and my shoulder is starting to really hurt from the attack. ok I must be getting close to the tree. I need to sit. I sat down on a rock and looked at my shoulder. There was blood all down my arm and it was still bleeding. if only I had a bandage or something. or even water for that matter. if I had water I could clean the cut and then I could use like, some of my t-shirt to stop the bleeding. if only. then I started to hear something. something like rushing water. I looked up and saw, at least, a ten foot tall wave of water coming at me on the left! I jumped up and started running right, away from the wave. Then another wave came from the right making me go left again. then another wave started to come behind me I ran faster but I started to feel the coldness of the water at my feet.i ran and found myself at the lake part of the arena again. there was a dock on the beach that went about 20 feet out. I ran on it and ran to the end just before diving into the water. I felt the rush of water from the wave come into the lake that I was currently under. After the water settled down I swam back up to the surface and went on the beach. Soaked I started to walk back to corn to retrace my steps. I finally made it to corn as the sun was going down. perfect. I went over to my podium and ran to were I was going for the bow and arrows and pretended that I got tackled. after I retraced all my steps I found everyone at the big tree looking scared.
"Marina! what happened? why are you all wet?" barly asked running over in my direction
"Umm the game makers thought it would be funny to start a flood in the directions I wanted to go" I said as if it was no big deal
"Oh my! are you ok?" Lilly asked next running to me.
"Ohh ya I'm fine. I'm from district 4. I'm use to the water" I said laughing a bit.
"As long as your all right now let's go to sleep. I'll take first watch" acrtion said getting up from her sitting position.
"Ok, but first... I found these" I said pulling everything out of the trunk of the tree
"WOW WHATS IN THE BAG?" Lilly said a bit to loud running over to the bag.
"SHH!" we shushed her. I opened up the bag and saw some rope, a thermal grey blanket, an empty grey water canteen, and a ball of clear string.
"Why can we do with that!" Lilly said a bit annoyed at the stuff that we got.
"I don't know. we will find out soon. Now let's go to sleep" I said and took the blanket and wrapped it around barly, Lilly and i.
"I'll take next shift" barly said and we laid down underneath the cover of the tree. but I couldn't sleep. all I could think about was finnick and how he survived the games. then the Capitol anthem started playing. we all looked at the clear sky and then saw pictures of the fallen tributes. 10 people dead. the 2 from district 5, 2 from 6, 2 from 7, the girl from 9, and the boy from 11. almost half are dead. wow. can't wait for tomorrow. not.

______

A/n there you have it! you like it? tell me! bye!