Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Where's marina?

Finnicks pov

Soon the corn stopped spinning and I looked around. there was nothing left of corn. like there was sand and the steel building but nothin else. I looked around and saw peeta getting up from the ground and Johanna fishing katniss out of the water. but where's marina?

"Are you guys ok?" I asked

"Ya. you?" peeta said brushing off some sand off of his wet suit.

"Have any of you seen marina?" I asked and Johanna froze and she went pail

"Johanna? you ok?" peeta asked concerned. good so I'm not the only one noticing her.

"Umm ya. finnick..." Johanna sighed putting her right hand on my left shoulder

"What?" I asked a bit weirded out by her reactions.

"Marina... well... she was with me" she said

"SHE WAS! where is she?" I asked looking around the corn

"She's not here anymore. she... fell in to save katniss' life" she said

"S-she fell... no..no! NO! SHES ALIVE! SHES NOT DEAD BUT ALIVE!" I yelled running off to the shore line staring into the deep blue water.

"Finnick.... I heard a cannon when she fell in... I'm sorry" she said and I fell to my knees.

"This can't be happening..." I said as tears came into my eyes

"come on finnick. we must go" katniss said putting a hand on my right shoulder.

"I-I can't believe this" was all I could say. I got up with the tears still threatening to spill and walked to the beach on the outskirts of the corn lakes thing. All I was thinking about was marina. maybe she wasn't dead? maybe the cannon was from someone else? but if it was then where was she? and why would marina die to save katniss' life? I thought she wasn't to found of her at the moment? But the biggest question was why the Capitol was doing this. I was sitting on the beach when I felt something underneath my hands. I looked down an saw a small piece of paper with big black lettering on it. I picked it up and looked at the lettering. it was a note that a mentor would give a tribute with a parachute. the note had some water damage on it but I could still see what the note said. 'See I told you marina! I knew you would get your memory back! and you didn't have to kill yourself! -Effie' wait. hold up. MARINA WANTED TO KILL HERSELF?! like ya see did back home but she told me that she didn't anymore and she was fine with it. did she lie to me? WAS THIS WHY SHE SAVED KATNISS' LIFE?! BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO END HERS?! but how did Effie know about this? did marina talk to her about it? why didn't she tell me? her BEST mate! I guess she didn't want me to worry or anything. but this hurts more. her not telling me this. But all that doesn't matter because she was gone. never to come back. I will never see her again. not until I die. all of this was going threw my head and I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my face. But right now I didn't care. didn't are if the Capitol saw, Johanna, snow, anyone, I didn't care! I just lost the girl that most understood me, the girl that stayed with me threw thick and thin, the girl who forgave me for leaving her, the girl... the girl that I truly and utterly have fallen in love with.

"AHH! FINNICK! HELP!" someone's voice broke me out of my trance. That voice. i know that voice. I would've able to identify that voice anywhere.

"MARINA!" And with that I ran into the direction that the voice was coming from.... the jungle.

______

A/n well guys... I DID IT! I made a chapter! so I am done my 1st exam and I have my second one tomorrow! so wish me luck! RANDOM QUESTION TIME! what do you like to do in your spare time? watch Youtube? Dance in your panties? sing? weird or normal I want to know! I say singing for me! ok bye!