Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Training

Marinas pov

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. In the next week or so 23 of you will be dead. 1 of you will be alive. Who it is, is up to you. We here have a arena of weapons and camouflage for you to practise. Now remember the game makers and the president is watching you. And please do not fight each other. You will have plenty of time to do that." The lady said and we all went into different stations. I saw Carson go over to the careers while I just stood there not know what to go to first. I guess the swords. I walked over and grabbed a sword at started to hit the dummies and cut there heads off. Then I went to the bow and arrows and shot them. Missing the first time but then after a while I got all bulls eyes. I'm pretty proud. Then I went over to the survival area and started to make snares. But sadly I couldn't.
"Here let me show you" the girl from district 12 saidE
"Umm ok" I said
"And finally you do this" she said finishing it
"Wow thanks." I said
"No problem" she said and walked away to the bow and arrows. I followed her and watched her struggle.
"Like this" I said grabbing another bow and took an arrow and shot it at the dummy
"Wow! Your pretty good!" She said
"Thanks. Hey. Want to be in a alliance?" I asked
"Sure!" She said and we did a bunch of other stuff that the arena had. I showed her how to kill and she sowed me how to catch things. We kept getting looks from the other tributes but we didn't care. It ended up with the 2 tributes from district 12, the girl from district 8 and I as an alliance. It made me happy to think that I will have someone in the arena but I know that if we make it to the end only one of us can come out so we will have to fight. Which makes me upset but that's how the games work. The 'games' if people call this a game then they are sick. Children killing each other is not a game! Monopoly is a game. Ugh I hate the hunger games so much! But I mostly hate the Capitol. Living all high and mighty while the districts are starving. Soon it will be over though, soon il just be a game player that had lost and gone missing, soon I'll be done with this life.
"That concludes the training day. Tomorrow you will be showing all you got individually starting from district 1-12 boy to girl. Good night and we will see you tomorrow" the intercom said and we left. I went up to the floor and got bombarded with questions like "how did you do" and "did you make an alliance"
"I think I did good and ya I actually did" I said smiling
"Really?! With who?" Finnick asked
"The girl and boy from district 12 and the girl from 8" I said
"Really? I told you that they are weak" Carson said walking in
"I don't care what you think" I said
"Well don't come crying to me when you die" Carson said
"If I'm dead I couldn't come crying to you now can I? Idiot" I said in a duh voice
"Your first" he said and walked into the dinner table. Well this is going to be something.

_______

A/n marinas got a death wish! Oh no!! Ohh and happy thanksgiving my American readers! Byeee