Chapter 8 - Work Of Art

I woke up very tired. I remebered that I hadn't gona asleep until 4. I yawned and looked around. I was alone. I went down and no one was there either. I was so confused. I explored downstairs but they weren't there either. I thought they might be upstairs but Zayn wasn't in my bed. I went into Harry's room and Demi's room to find it empty. I didn't know what to do so I just decided to force some breakfast inside of me. I thought about skipping it but then I remembered I had promised Demi and Harry and myself not to. As hard as it was I managed to finish a bowl of cereal. I tried watching tv but I started to become restless. Where were they? I tried texting them but nobody answered. I got really worried, if they were all hiding in a room I swear I'll kill them!

It was 4pm and they still hadn't come back. In the time of their disappearence I had taken a nap, ate lunch, slept again and had only just woken up when they finally came back.
"Where have you been?" I demanded.
"At your school."
"Why?"
"To explain why you weren't in school and that you were leaving."
"Harry I don't think you can do that. Don't you need mum and dad's consent?"
"Where are they Si? I called them when you went into rehab. They said 'oh dear but I'm going into a meeting so we'll call you later.' That's not good parenting."
"But they're still our parents. Anyway why did all of you have to go?"
"Because we brought your case to social services.."
"No! Harry!" I interrupted and started freaking out.
"Sierra listen to me. I got custody of you."
"Oh my god! What?!"
"In the eyes of the law I'm your guardian. I can take you out of school, out of the country, whatever."
"Oh my god."
"Is this not good?"
"Hazz it's great it really is. But what about mum and dad? Don't you need their consent they'd never let you have custody of me."
"Well that's too bad. Like I said I brought the case to social services and they agreed they weren't fit to take care of you so I asked if you could live with me. And they said I could be your 'legal guardian' not sure what I can do but to my knowledge it's like a parent."
"So my brother is now my dad?" I laughed.
"No, your brother now looks after you!"
"You're the best brother ever! thank you! I love you!" I hugged him. He didn't say anything. "What?"
"Nothing. You just never said you loved me in a long time. I just I don't know."
"Hazz I've always loved you. You're my big brother, how could I not? For a while I just forgot that I loved you and everyone else. Don't take it personally."
"Love you too Si."
"But you know you could've left me a note and I don't see why everyone had to go."
"Oh...yeah. Sorry about that."
"It's okay just don't do it again kay?"
"Okay." we talked and laughed for the rest of the afternoon. In celebration we went out to a restraunt and I ate a lot of food. Which was good. When we got back I was exhausted. I tried to stay up and socialise but I was waay too tired. "Okay I'm falling asleep soo g'night everyone." I smiled before going upstairs. I was taking my make up off and I noticed my blade. No. You're better than that. No cutting. Not today, not ever again. But look at it sitting there. No. No way not again.
"No!" I said to myself. I had to say it aloud or I would have. "You're amazing. You don't cut yourself. You're above that now. You're beautiful. You're not doing it again!" I said to my reflection. If only I could truly believe that. Maybe it'll come in time. Hopefully it will. I don't know how long I stood there but all I know is that I was interrupted from my thoughts by Zayn knocking on my door. "Sierra?"
"Yes?"
"Whatcha doin?"
"Taking my make up off."
"Okay....are you nearly done? I need to pee."
I laughed "Yeah I'm done." I walked out past him and into my room. I got into my pj's and lay in bed until I could go asleep. Which took ages.

Zayn looked like he was sleeping. He came in a while ago. He looked so peaceful when he slept...also a bit like an angel. "You okay?" he mumbled. He gave me a heart attack.
"Yeah. I thought you were asleep."
"No, nearly. Go asleep."
"You go asleep."
"I'm not sleeping until you do."
"Fine!" I tried sleeping. "I can't sleep."
"Why not?"
"My brain won't shut up."
"Tell your brain to shut up."
"I can't." He pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder. "Thanks Zayn." I mumbled.
"For what?"
"Everything. Especially for staying up with me last night."
"Oh, you're welcome. You don't need to thank me anyway."
"Why not?" I whispered sleepily knowing I'd fall asleep any second.
"Because I don't mind doing those things. I actually want to do them." I smiled and fell asleep before I could answer.

A/N: aloha! Ehm...Im sorry this took me AGES to write! Im trying to be better at the updates! But it's hard for me to write this story. I don't have many ideas for it so I seriously need some ideas please!! Yeah I'll try update more but yeah thanks for reading. Like this has a ridiculous amount of reads! So thanks again xxx
Leave your ideas please! I need them!! Xx