The Mistake

I arrived at the HQ, I got off of my bike and went through the door. I went to the office where my boss was.
"I hope the contract was successful." My boss said.
"Yes, sir, the contract was a success." I said to my boss.
"Good, here's your pay, for a job well done."
"Thank you." I left the room. I needed to get more ammo, if possible a new gun. That reminds I forgot my sniper in the shed. So, forget the new pistol. I needed a new sniper. I arrived at the store. I walked up to the man and said,"I need a new sniper rifle."
"Stop right there, I got what you need, Doc." He won't into the back room behind him. He came out with a suit case. "See this baby right here, this is a similar rifle that you were using, except better." He opened the case, "She has an 18X scope with a 40 cal chamber. This girl's a real beauty." He then closed the case. "So, you'll take it?"
"Yes, I'll take it." He gave me the case and I gave him the money. I was down to about four hundred dollars now I needed to do more contracts. I went down the stairs to my room. Once I was there, I changed into my sweatpants and tank top, and collapsed on the bed. I needed sleep after all this. I passed out nearly thirty seconds after my head hit the pillow.
THE MAN'S POV
I crawled over to Sydney's half dead body. I gasped when I saw how pale she was. I got up and walked into the kitchen to get the first aid kit. I had no idea who that man was, or why he was trying to kill my wife, but I didn't need to that right now.  Once I found the first aid kit, I limped back over to Sydney. I fell to my knees, opened the kit, and grabbed the scissors. I cut fabric off around her wounds. I picked up the tweezers and pulled out the bullet, and it's shards. It didn't go clean through so that makes my job harder, but also prevented her from loosing too much blood. I grabbed the bandages and wrapped her shoulder up. Then I moved down to the leg and fixed it up. Once I did this, she seemed to be not as pale as before. I checked her pulse, it was beating, but faintly. I picked her up and moved her into our bedroom. I laid her gently on the bed and went to fix my wound. Once I got it bandaged up Sydney started stirring. She had brown hair, and hazel eyes. She tried to sit up, but I gently pushed her back down. I explained everything that happened.
"Who was that guy?" I asked. "Why did he come here and try to kill you?"
"It's time I told you the whole truth about me." When she said that, I was starting to get nervous. "I'm not just an officer, I was an assassin, a hitman if you want to call it that. It got too big, to where I was killing at least one person everyday. I couldn't take it anymore so I left. I guess they got him to replace and kill me." As she all that I was just shocked. Everything she told me before this was a lie.
"What, why would you hide this from me? I thought I knew everything about you, but no, that was all lies!" I was pissed, she lied to me, she fucking lied to me! Everything I told her was true. Yet she still lies to me! She is my wife for gods sake.
"I'm sorry." I was pacing all around the room by this point. "I'm sorry for lying to you, I just thought that it would put you out of danger."
"Really! Look at me, I was shot for Christ's sake. You thought that would keep me safe?" I was so pissed right now.
"I was wrong, I know, but I thought it would keep you safe, I'm so sorry." She was crying at this point. When I saw her crying I ran over to her side as quickly as I could and started comforting her. She was crying on my shoulder. I just kept comforting her until I passed out.