don't let the chainsaw guy get me

"Please babe," Maya complained, crawling onto the bed that her and her long time boyfriend, Joshua Matthews, shared, "I've been wanting to do this for awhile." 

"Maya," Josh started, "I'm just really not in the mood."  It was true.  Josh had been up since early morning at a shift at the police station, and was most definitely not in the mood to stay up all night. 

"Please," Maya bit her lip, "we haven't done something like this in such a long time.  You know normal couples do stuff like this all the time, but you're so goddamn busy all the time that we never ever get to do anything anymore."  Maya pouted. 

Josh buried his face into his hands, "I know, but you know how it is at the station, Maya.  I really don't wanna be up all night." 

"It won't be too late," Maya said, placing her head onto Josh's chest, "I've just wanted to do this for so long."  

Josh sighed, "I guess I can stay up a little bit longer."

"Yes!" Maya cheered and quickly pecked Josh on the lips before grabbing the TV remote and putting on the movie that Riley had been urging her to watch for the past few weeks; Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 

However, before the movie could start, Josh snatched the remote and paused the TV, "I don't think this is the best idea, Maya." 

"Oh, come on, Josh," Maya complained, "you just said you would stay up with me.  Don't you wanna protect me from the monsters?" 

"Maya," Josh said, "this is a really scary movie.  Are you sure?"

Maya laughed, "Awh, is my Joshy scared? Don't worry. Maya's here to protect you." 

"No," Josh protested, "I've seen this movie 7 times.  The first time I watched it was when I was 11 because Eric decided it would be a good thing to watch it together while he was baby sitting me.  It's really intense, are you sure?"

Maya rolled her eyes, "Please, Josh.  I can take it.  I'm a badass.  I'm Maya Hart, remember?"

Josh hesitantly un-paused the TV, "Fine." He said, placing the remote on the other side of the bed as Maya curled up onto him.  He embraced her in his arms and pulled the blankets over their bodies and she pressed herself close to him.  

"See this isn't that bad," Maya said a few minutes into the movie, snuggling closer to Josh.  He played with her long, blonde hair as she stared into the TV. 

"We haven't even met the killer yet," Josh mumbled into Maya's ear, "are you sure you wanna watch this?" 

"Josh," Maya started, looking into his eyes, "I may be three years younger than you, but I am still 21 years old.  I think I'm old enough to watch a scary movie.  It's not like I haven't watched one before." 

"Okay," Josh pursed his lips and pulled Maya back into his arms, where they continued to watch the movie. 

--- 

As the credits rolled on the TV,  Josh could feel Maya's body shaking in his arms.   He knew he should of turned the movie off awhile ago, but she had been so determined to finish the movie. He couldn't resist her those bright blue orbs and the dimples that grew besides her lips when they folded upwards.  He had to keep it on. 

"Hey," Josh whispered into Maya's ear, "are you awake?" 

"Yeah," Maya's voice shook, "I'm-I'm okay." 

"I said awake," Josh gave Maya a sad smile and held her closer to him, "I told you it was scary," Josh whispered in her ear. 

"That was so gross," Maya said softly as she curled into Josh's arms.  Josh readjusted the blankets around them and shut off there bedside lamp and switched off the TV, "did you know it's based off a real story?" 

"Who told you that?" Josh asked Maya, kissing her on the cheek. 

"I read it on the internet," Maya answered, burying her face in her hands. 

Josh gave a light chuckle and started to play with the blonde's hair, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet, love." 

"But this is true!" Maya protested, playfully hitting him, "I'm telling you.  He's out there right now and he's coming to get us." 

Josh rolled his eyes, "He's probably dead." 

"He could of faked his death," Maya suggested. 

"Just get some rest, babe, okay?" Josh asked.  Maya hesitantly nodded and snuggled back into Josh's chest.  As Josh was about to drift off into sleep, Maya had her eyes wide open in fear.  It happened to that Sally character, why couldn't it happen to her?  She couldn't shake the feeling as if something awful like that was going to happen to her.  

"Josh," Maya whispered, lightly shaking him. 

"Yes?" He mumbled, still half asleep. 

"Um," Maya paused for a moment and took a breath, "you'll always protect me, right?"

"Of course," Josh traced his fingers across Maya's back, drawing circles and other shapes.  He knew she found it comforting; and obviously she was a little freaked out by what she had just seen. 

"So...just," Maya bit her lip, "don't let the chainsaw guy get me.  We can kinda protect each other if that ever happens.  We should come up with a plan right now just in case." 

Josh smiled and shook his head while placing a kiss on Maya's forehead, "There is no chainsaw guy coming to get you or me or anyone we know. I promise." 

"But what if there is?" Maya asked, tilting her head, "how do you know? You're not psychic."  

Josh buried his face into the crook of her neck and whispered into her year, "No ones gonna get you when you're safe in my arms.  I promise you." 

Maya pressed her lips against his and then fell into his arms,  "Then I guess I should probably stay right here."

"I guess you should." 

A smile crept upon Maya's face as her and Josh fell asleep together.  Riley was right; this movie was a great excuse to fall asleep into each other's arms. 

---

okay i really hated that one shot i cry it's actual trash eh. 

ANYWAYS hello my wonderful readers!! gUESS WHO GOT HER COMPUTER FIXED?? THIS GIRL!! i am super excited to keep this book up again and ALTHOUGH I LOST ALL MY IDEAS (partly why this one shot is trash) I AM OPEN TO REQUESTS SO PLEASE REQUEST IT UP!  

other news ;; i have a release date for my book.  my new book, i dare you, will start updating on october 14th, 2016 (a very important day for the fandom. rowan's birthday and EVOLution omg).  I CAN NOT THINK OF A BETTER DATE TO START IT.  however for now, you can check it out because the prologue is published!! make sure to add it to your libraries so you don't miss the first update! 

your's truly, 

bre.