perfect

"Josh," Maya laughed as she pulled me along, "Let's go!"  Maya tugged on my arm as she lead me through the amphitheater, trying to find her way around with her little sense of direction.   We each quickly purchased a beer and made our way over to the stage area, "Josh, can I see the tickets? I need to know where we're sitting."

"Sure," I replied, and handed her the tickets and awaited her reaction.  What I hadn't told her was was that we were in the first seats behind the general admission pit, which was what Maya told me was exactly where she wanted tickets.  Of course, they were a bit pricey, but I was only a bit desperate for Maya to like me back, and maybe give the long game another shot.

"Oh, Josh," Maya exclaimed, covering her mouth, "These are so expensive, oh my god.  You didn't have too.  Oh god, Josh.  I basically dragged you along to this.  You didn't-oh my god."

"Well, too late now," I replied, "Already bought them.  Plus I love Ed Sheeran.  Aren't you going to thank me?"

Maya grinned pulled me into a tight hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  You're the best friend ever, besides Riley of course."  Besides the fact that I had just gotten friendzoned extremely hard, I was doing great.   All I've ever wanted for Maya was to be happy, and I had successfully made her happy today. 

Once we had gotten to our seats, I took a drink of my beer and blurted out something I probably shouldn't have, "Is Zay upset or something?  He seemed tense before we left."  This was all true, of course.  I went to Maya's apartment to pick her up, and Zay was there looking as protective as ever, and practically begged Maya to stay home. 

Maya's face fell and she shrugged her shoulders as the wind tossed her blonde hair around, "Yeah.  Before you came to pick me up he kept complaining about how Ed Sheeran was like the love whisperer or something, and he didn't want us to you know...do something." 

"Oh."

"But I convinced him that he was being over dramatic and that we're just friends, so here we are," Maya replied, "So cheers!" She smiled and held out her drink for me to clash.

I faked a smile and let mine clash with hers.

---

By the time Ed Sheeran had sung 3 songs, I already knew that I was in love with Maya Hart. 

If I wasn't sure of it just moments before, I definitely was now.   I was in love with the way she tossed her blonde hair over her shoulders, and stood on her tiptoes to help herself see.  I was in love with the way she moved her hips to the music, and the way she sang along to ever song, even if she was off pitch.  I was in love with the way her eyes lit up and the way her lips curled at the sight of the stage.   Everything about her just seemed to glow, and I was in love with it.

"I love this song," Maya shouted over the music after the 5th song began to play.  I regonized the song right away.  It was "Perfect", by Ed Sheeran himself.  

I smiled, "Dance with me?" I suggested. Maya nodded and snaked her arms around my neck, causing me to let my hands fall to her hips.  We swayed back forth to the beat, and for split second, it felt as if we were the only to in the room.  I stared intently down at Maya's features.  Her small nose and piercing blue eyes, and her soft lips and pale blonde hair.   She was so beautiful, and I couldn't get enough.

Maya must of noticed me staring because she looked away partly and spoke, "I must look like a mess," She chuckled softly, "Sorry. I always get like this during concerts."

"You look perfect," I whispered softly into her ear, causing her to tense a small bit and her cheeks to flush a bright red that even I could see in the dark room.

"You don't look so bad yourself," Maya replied, relaxing back into my arms. I smiled and spontaneously spun her around, causing her yellow dress to spin and her to laugh, "What was that, Matthews?"

I shrugged, "It felt right," I answered honestly before pulling her back into my arms. She rested her head on my shoulder, and I could feel the vibrations of her humming along to the song on my body.

"I'm in love with you," I whispered, making Maya tense up and pull herself away from me.

"What?" She asked, furrowing her brows.

I took her hands in mine and looked into her bright blue eyes, "I love you, Maya. And you have every right to be mad, or upset, or confused, but I just needed to say it. I needed to tell you."

Maya stood there for a second in utter shock before finally speaking, "Kiss me."

I pulled her hips towards mine and pressed my lips against hers. Our mouths moved perfectly in synch as her hands trailed across my chest, before finally snaking around my neck and then tangling into my hair. We ran out of breath just as the song ended, and our lips let go of each other. Maya grinned at me and buried her face in my chest as the audience applauded the song. I smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"You're so beautiful," I whispered in her ear, "You're perfect."

Maya looked up at me and kissed me softly before speaking, "We're perfect."

I smiled and pulled her back into my arms where we continued to dance slowly even though the music was now faster paced. I couldn't get over the feeling of her and I together. It felt... perfect.

---

leave your thoughts below and don't be a silent reader:)

-bre