Chapter 2

Neverland.

Neverland.

That is what it is called.

The place of dreams. The place where everyone wants to go. The place where it miracles happen.

Neverland.

Yeah they got the name right, but not the atmosphere.

My people and I have settled our small Indian village near a valley with a stream near by. My village was having a celebration tonight to celebrate our success in settling in the new land.

The night was young, the fire was crackling and sizzling, the musicians played the notes, the children laughed, the dancers danced, the people gathered in a circle clapping along to the music, and my father was singing one of our old songs.

It was a happy time until all of a sudden the fire was put out by a powerful force of wind and everybody covered their faces to prevent the dirt from coming in.

We all looked up to see teenage boys in dark cloaks coming out of the woods from all sides with weapons.

A tall boy with dirty blonde hair with a scar on his face overlooked our frighened villagers and chuckled. He looked at my father and then they both went in a tent to have a chat in private.

After a while, the dirty blonde boy appeared out of the tent and motioned for the boys to follow him as they disappeared into the night.

My father stood in the middle as a sad look covered his face. He put his hands out to slience the whispers between everyone as they all looked up to my father.

" I was told that we are not alone on this island. Those boys came with a message from their leader known as Pan. The message that they bring forth is that we do not have anymore celebrations, but we are to work quietly and continue our daily life until further notice. As the chief of this tribe, I advised that we follow the command to avoid war. I offered to make peace and they agreed as long as we don't cross their territory. Nobody goes past the stream onto the other side. Do I make myself clear? " , my father instructed us

" Yes Chief! " , they shouted

" Good. Now let us go get some rest. " , my father insisted

Everybody slowly walked back to their camp and I was the only person left looking at my father.

" Father, let me talk to him. " , I suggested " We must do something about it! "

" We can't my princess. I don't want any war going on. I came to this island to make peace and I am determined to keep that on. " , my father replied

" Who is this Pan? " , I asked

" I do not know, but I was told that he is someone that you don't want to mess with, so make sure that you don't on wandering around too much. " , he ordered me

" I know better sir. " , I replied

" Good. " , he said with a yawn.

I watched my father walk slowly to his tent as I was the only Indian standing beneath the ashes of the fire. I couldn't let this " Pan " take away my freedom. My people and I deserve better. I will not let anyone treat me like this!

I walked up a few steps where the moonlight shined on me. I put my hand on my chest between my two raven black braids.

I, Princess Tigerlily, will find this " Pan " and do what I think is best for my people no matter how risky it is.

I turned to my right and at a distance saw the stream that we weren't suppose to cross over.

Well that is about to change.

A/N: Cliffhanger :)