Chapter 24

The celebration had begun.

Everyone sat in a circle a few feet from the fire. The decorations brought it to life as the flowers were placed everywhere and the lanterns lighted up along with the stars, the food was very enjoyable, and the performers danced our traditional Indian dances as the musicians banged on their drum and played the flutes.

I smiled and clapped along as my tribe celebrated our tribal traditions and culture within us.

After a few laughs and claps, my father motioned for me to stand up and get ready to perform a dance of my own routine. I wore my performance outfit as I walked slowly to the center and stood in position while I waited for my cue.

Then in the corner of my eye, I saw the lost boys quietly come out of the woods as Pan stood in the front center. Everybody turned around as they all turned their eyes to the cheif, my father.

My father smiled as he motioned for the boys and Pan to sit up front of him, so they could get a good view of my performance.

The flute played a soft melody as I begun moving swiftly along with it. The beatings of the drum made me jump and turn to where I could feel my heart beat.

I pretended that I was an actual tiger moving side to side through the woods as I gracefully flowed along with the music. My two braids jumped on my shoulder as my dress flowed around smoothly. The last soft melody ended with a beat of a drum as I stood still finishing my dance with a tiger symbol gesture with my hands.

It got quiet for a while until everybody clapped and cheered for me. I smiled and took a few small bows as Pan scooted away to make room for me as I sat next to him. My father stood up getting everyone's attention.

" Today we celebrate our ancestors who came before us and the beauty of this island, but today we honor Pan. Now I know we didn't quite get along at first, but we should maintain our anger towards him and the rest of the boys and allow calmness to to take over, to be peaceful to our new friends. " , my father said as everyone cheered for his speech.

" Tigerlily. Pan. Please come to the front. " , my father said to us

I nodded as I took Peter's hand as we got up and walked towards my father. My father and Pan shook hands as a girl gave me a tigerlily flower necklace. I smiled as I walked up to Pan and put the flower necklace around his neck.

" Families and Friends let's welcome Pan and the lost boys for joining us tonight! " , my father shouts as I saw girls giving flower necklace to the lost boys.

Everyone clapped and cheered for Peter and the lost boys as I looked at Peter's red blushing face and giggled. He smiled at me and then I remembered something. So I went up to my father and whispered it to him as he noddded.

" Pan. My daughter tells me that you play the pan pipe . " , my father said

" I do the play the pan pipe. " , Peter stated

" Would you like to play for us? " , my father asked

" Sure. " , Peter said as he made his Pan appeared making some magical adjustments so everyone can hear the sound as my father sat back down.

Pan blew on his pipe drawing everyone's attention as they all heard the soft melody of it.

I stood next to Peter and saw the lost boys look at Peter as he looked at me and smiled.

It was indeed a beautiful melody played by a handsome boy.