Author's Note - SPOILER ALERT

Welcome to the fourth Red Rain novel, Black Mirror...but it's not only the fourth Red Rain book. It's also the unofficial fourth novel of The Dark Ice Chronicles! Though the original trilogy tells its own story, it's been begging for a long time for a full-on crossover with its parent series.

Now, that day is finally here, and I promise that both series will be totally turned upside down in this, perhaps my biggest and most ambitious novel yet.

While much of the Dark Ice events and characters alluded to in this book will get a little more in-depth explanations - especially for the in-universe benefit of the Red Rain cast - spoilers are, perhaps, inevitable. And since there are fewer people who have read Dark Ice than Red Rain, you might find yourself discovering major plot threads that'll make the Dark Ice surprises a lot less surprising.

If you haven't read Dark Ice, that is.

When I wrote these books, I alternated between the two series, finishing a Red Rain book, then writing a Dark Ice, then going back to Red Rain again, and so on. The order in which I wrote these books, printed below, is the order I recommend you read these books in, the better to avoid spoilers. 

* Red Rain
* The Magi
* Blue Monday
* The Scalers
* White Shadows
* The Normals
* Black Mirror

Perhaps you might choose to follow that order, or read the first three Red Rain books before tackling Dark Ice, or vice versa (though beware of potential cross-series spoilers if you go that route, particularly if you choose to read all of Dark Ice first.) Either way, make sure you read Black Mirror last out of all of these.

If you're fully caught up and prepared on the two series, then feel free to begin reading Black Mirror unhindered - other than by the wait time between updates, I guess. ;)