Interlude 8 - Captain's Log, Stardate 44692.1

The first night of summer vacation was always too hot and sticky for Alex's taste. This time, however, he was happy to have a little sticky heat source to cool off, Ice warlock-style.

By his side, Fionna shivered every time he touched her feverish skin with his frozen hand. Whether it was from the cold or lingering traces of the pleasure he'd wrung from her earlier, he couldn't say.

He kissed her the whole time he kept his hand on her sweat-soaked body, then de-Iced his hand and pulled her close to him again. Though he had no intention of going for a do-over - their first time had been amazing enough - he wanted to keep making her happy, if she so wished.

He locked eyes with her and asked her what she wished.

She told him, and he delivered, relishing in her taste as she did to him.

Maybe their relationship wouldn't last forever, but for now, it sure as hell felt like it would. It began with a slow burn of tension, and only now had it unraveled into a level of joy she'd never before known. Neither had he - though he'd really only had two or three relationships before, none had been quite this loving.

Maybe it wouldn't last.

But they were young and in love.

And as Lars Ulrich had told them while they fucked, "nothing else matters."