{1}

Mondays were the worst.

And to make this Monday particularly horrible, I'd had a biology test first period. It was the beginning of lunch now and I was already mentally exhausted.

I rested my forehead against my locker and let out a tired sigh.

"I'm guessing the test didn't go well." I peered over at the tall blonde to my right.

"No, it went swell. I aced it." I said sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes. "Come on you sarcastic ass, let's get to lunch."

"Ew. People and socializing." I said, sounding less than excited, but followed Jason anyway.

~

"And he was all 'I bet you can't do that in under three minutes' and I was all 'I so could you jerk' and then I totally showed him up. It was glorious." The green eyed senior said.

"That's nice, Percy." His girlfriend replied, doing homework while listening.

"Dude, you definitely showed Octavian who's better." Said the enthusiastic Latino.

"Was I the only one who just zoned out and missed most of what he just said?" I asked my friends.

"Don't worry, halfway through I started dozing off." Jason said with a chuckle.

"Oh shut up. You guys suck." Percy said, trying to seem offended by us not listening to his clearly riveting story.

"Not in school I don't." I said with a completely serious face.

Jason burst out laughing and my sister, Hazel, started choking on the apple she was eating beside me. "Nico!" She said while her boyfriend pat her on the back to calm her.

"Well, I don't." I said.

"At school." Leo said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

Hazel's eyes widen, "Do you do...things...outside of school?" She asks flustered and avoiding eye contact with Frank.

I just shrugged. My dating life isn't very extensive, but I like to seem at least a little mysterious.

"Well," Leo said, "he was dating Will for three months."

"Did you guys ever do anything? You were so cute!" Piper squealed.

"I will neither confirm nor deny anything." I said, refraining from arguing that I was in no way cute and our relationship wasn't either.

"But Nico, you're too small and innocent." Percy said, thinking the idea as outrageous.

"I think you're mixing me up with Haze."

"Can we please stop talking about this? I don't want to discuss...this...while I eat my lunch." Hazel said while fanning herself.

"Of course, Haze. We'll stop." I glanced around the table, as if daring someone to bring it up again, and nobody dared to.

"So, anyways..." Jason coughed. "Who's going to Ethan's party this Friday?"

"Me and wise girl are." Percy said and Annabeth just gave an uncommitted sound of agreement with her head in her textbook.

"Oh! We totally are." Piper said. "Me and Leo are going for the hot chicks."

"I bet you'll get more than Leo, Pipes." I stated.

"Hey! The ladies love me." Leo defended.

"Of course they do honey." Piper said teasingly and Leo pouted.

"I think me and Hazel are gonna have a movie night instead." Frank said.

"Good idea." I said to my sister. "Stay home far away from drugs and alcohol." She rolled her eyes at me, but I know she likes that I'm so protective.

"What about you Nico? Going with us?" Percy questioned.

"Nah you know I'm not really a party person." I shook my head.

"Oh come on, I'll give you a ride Neeks." My best friend gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Gah you know I can't say no to that stupid face of yours." I sighed and the blonde grinned and fixed his glasses. "I guess I'm going to a party."

~

I was grabbing some things from my locker when I heard my name called.

"Hey Nico!"

I glanced around and spotted a boy with a sunny disposition coming my way. "Will." I sighed.

{I feel bad making Will OOC like this since I love him but sometimes you gotta do it for the plot man}

He smiled and leaned against the locker next to mine. "Hey sunshine."

"I am not your sunshine. What do you want Will?"

"Just wondering if you're going to Ethan's party this Friday."

"Maybe, maybe not, maybe I'll have moved to France by then for all you know." I huffed.

"Easy tiger, don't have to get all riled up."

"Your face makes me riled up. I think you should just go back to your little boy toy and leave me alone."

"Is that what your issue is? Cuz that was just a fling. Mitchell's just a nice piece of ass to me."

"You know, that does not make me feel any better whatsoever." I slammed my locker shut and started walking away.

He followed me down the hallway. "Oh come on. Be my date to the party."

"I'd rather stick a fork in my eye." I said. When he was still behind me as I walked out of the school I sighed again and turned to face him. "Seriously Will, go away!"

He opened his mouth to say something when he got interrupted. "Is there a problem here?"

I looked behind me to see Jason. "Oh, uh..."

"Not at all. You can run along now, superman." Will said, placing  a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged his hand off and edged away. "Jason, drive me home."

"Hold up." Will grabbed my wrist. "You're seriously done just because of a little mistake?"

"Yes." His grip tightened. "Now let the fuck go of me you asshole!" I said, trying to shake off his hold.

"You heard him." I almost forgot Jason was here.

Will huffed and let go, glaring at Jason. "This isn't over." He whispered to me and briskly walked the other way.

"Do you wanna talk abou-"

"No." I cut him off. "Please just give me a ride home."

{If you like the story feel free to motivate me with a like or comment so I don't take another several months to upload the next chapter}