{5}

Jason pulls away and I stare at him, unable to find something to say.

"Oh shit." He quickly gets off my bed and runs out of my room.

What the hell was that?

I touch my lips in thought as I hear the front door slam shut downstairs.

~

Roughly 10 hours (and 3 seconds of sleep) later, dad and Persephone arrived home from their trip.

"Hi, honey!" Persephone shouts enthusiastically as she waltzes through the door and hugs me. Dad walks in behind her, struggling to carry all of their luggage. He offers a small 'hey' from behind the wall of their belongings and Persephone helpfully throws her purse on top of the pile. She stretches and walks towards the stairs. "I think I need a nice bath before lunch."

Once she walks away I help him set down everything without a disaster occurring. "Gods know I love that woman, it's just that sometimes I don't remember why." He chuckles and pulls me into a hug. "It's good to be back."

"Good to have you back." I picked up two suitcases to carry upstairs. "I invited Hazel over for dinner by the way. We thought we could make you guys a welcome home meal."

"Oh that sounds good. Too bad Bianca couldn't be here too. It's nice having you all together. Especially when you cook."

"Maybe next time dad. I'll see what she's up to during school break."

~

"Holy macaroni." Hazel states. It's just after dinner when I tell her the events of last night. "What are you gonna do? Why'd you just let him leave? Has he texted? Was he drunk? W-"

"Haze," I interrupt her questions, "all I know is this is definitely going to ruin our friendship and I'm totally screwed." I slump further into my bed and hug one of my pillows.

"I think you need help from someone who knows more about this sort of thing, so you know what? Before I leave, I'm calling Piper for you. She might have some more helpful thoughts to share."

~

"Dam, Jason Grace is gay. Who would've thought? And why wouldn't he tell me this? Not like I've been his best friend for years or anything. You know what? He can go and stick a gods dam pride flag up his-"

"Piper!" Why do I have to keep interrupting girls ranting today? "We don't really know if he's actually gay. Kissing someone and then running away probably means he's confused, not that he's gay."

"Fair point. Not necessarily though." Piper tried to reason.

"He was drunk. It didn't mean anything. He could never like me in that way." I stated.

"Did you actually taste any alcohol on him when he kissed you?" She questioned.

"Well no but..." Holy shit.

"He wasn't drunk, Nico."

"He still could have been. I mean my mouth tasted like alcohol 'cause I was drinking so who actually really knows if his did and that's besides the point because the kiss lasted like a second soㅡ"

Apparently I'm now the one that needs interrupting.

"What colour was his cup?"

"Um...blue?" I answer, puzzled by what that has to do with anything.

"Ethan colour codes his drinks. Blue are non-alcoholic drinks and red are the alcoholic ones."

"So, the kiss wasn't caused by the alcohol surging through his bloodstream, because there wasn't actually any in his system?"

"You got it."

Gods, I think I need to sit down.