{2}

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I roll over and groan, shutting off my alarm.

The ride home yesterday after the Will confrontation was awkward. I didn't really want to go to school today incase Jason wanted to ask questions.

Buzz Buzz

I reach for my phone on my bedside table. I saw the contact name Superman flash on my screen. It always scares the shit out of me when someone texts you right after you think about them.

Superman:
I'm picking you up for school. See you in 45 minutes.

Well, at least I won't have to take the bus.

~

I'm walking down the stairs when I hear a knock. I head over to the door and open it to reveal my tall best friend. "Gimme a sec."

I dart towards the kitchen and hear him close the door. "Nico-"

"Almost ready." I grab a granola bar and head back to the entryway to put on my shoes.

"About yesterday-"

"Can we please not-"

"Nico, please." I make eye contact with him and sigh. "What I saw yesterday looked serious and I get you don't want to talk about it, but if he touches you again please tell me, okay?"

I nod and pick up my backpack. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention this to anyone else."

"Of course."

~

I walk out of English and see Hazel at her locker. "Hey Haze."

She smiles. "Hey big bro."

"Do you wanna come over on Saturday?" I ask. "Dad and Persephone are coming home that afternoon."

"I'll have to ask ma but I should be able to. We could make them dinner!" She says clapping her hands enthusiastically.

"Sounds like fun, Haze. I'll text you later." I kiss her cheek and head off to my next class.

~

"You think Reyna would go to the party with me?"

I look over at Piper across the table. "You're actually thinking about taking someone to the party? Thought you were 'going for the hot chicks'."

"Well," Piper took a sip of her smoothie and averted her gaze to the other side of the mall food court, "she's a hot chick..."

"Then ask her out you loser!" I threw a fry at her.

"Okay, I will." She pulls out her phone and I threw another fry at her. "What?"

"Don't message her, ask her in person woman!"

"Okay! Okay!"

I smile at her. "Piper likes a girl." I say in a sing-song voice.

"Oh put a cork in it di Angelo."

~

"What exactly does one wear to a party? My normal outfit is fine right?" I glanced over at Piper and Jason for approval.

They both shrugged in unison.

"Well what are you guys going to wear?"

They shrugged again in unison and then noticed what they did and laughed.

"No wonder you guys didn't work out, you're too much alike."

"And she's kinda a lesbian." Jason pointed out.

"Yeah that too but still."

"I also prefer dark hair. Sorry Jase." Piper said.

"Yeah I figured from the way you look at my sister you perv." My best friend said and glanced back over at me from his spot laying on my bed. "Just keep on what you're wearing right now."

I shrugged and closed my closet door. "Yeah you're right. I'm just anxious." I flopped down beside him.

"Don't be." Jason said and poked my cheek until a cracked a bit of a smile.

I rolled my eyes at him. For a football player he's actually a big dork.

"Alright ladies, it's time to go to a party."

{Sorry that I ended up taking months but I'm hoping to get back into this story and if I take a while again just slap me and also sorry this is a bit short but I wanted the next chapter to start when they get to the party and I didn't have anything else I wanted to put in so yeah and lastly this chapter is kinda dedicated to darkness171 because they kinda reminded me that I need to get my shit together and update}