{7}

Buzz buzz

I was so lost in thought that the vibration of my phone startled me. It's probably just Piper or Hazel checking on me.

Superman:
I was gonna text you 'we need to talk' but then I realized that's the worst thing ever to text somebody unless you purposely want them to have a panic attack. So instead I'll say this, I really need to talk to you about how I feel. I don't want to get into it too much over text because that feels too impersonal, but I will say that I wasn't drunk last night. Never touched a drop of alcohol. Can I see you tonight or tomorrow so I can explain? Please 🙏

My heart threatened to beat out of my chest.

Me:
Your parents still away on Business?

Superman:
Yes

Me:
I'll be there in 25

~

Gods this is so nerve-wracking. I just pulled up on my bike in front of Jason's house and I can't force my legs to work. I could tell myself that they're just tired from pedaling but I know it's my nerves. Either way I should really get my license so I don't have to do such a workout to get places. Although I do have lots of friends who drive so would it really make much of a difference? Typically Jason drives me–crap yeah that's why I'm here. To talk to Jason.

I start panicking a little and having trouble evening out my breaths. I try taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. I repeat that a couple times until I feel ready. Then I knock on the door.

Jason opens the door immediately like he's just been standing there waiting for me to knock. He's got a nervous smile on his face and that makes me relax a bit more. "Nico, you're here."

"Yeah…" I clear my throat and put my hands in my jacket pockets. "You gonna let me in?"

"Oh, oh yes of course." He steps aside. "Should we go to my room or the living room or..?"

I start walking towards the living room and he follows. "You said you needed to talk to me about, um, how you feel…" I look at my shoes as I sit down. "And maybe explain a not drunk kiss."

"Haha yeah." He chuckles awkwardly. "I, um…" He sits down next to me and I can feel his stare on me. "When we got home from the party last night you were just so cute and I just wanted to kiss you so bad, so I did."

"I'm not cute." I mumble, despite how much I'm blushing about what he said.

"But then I freaked out because you probably didn't want me to kiss you–I mean I didn't even ask–and you were a little drunk so I didn't wanna come off like I was trying to take advantage so I ran and-"

I cut him off by grabbing his neck and kissing him. He didn't respond at first from shock, but then he's threading his fingers through my hair as an eager participant.

I pull away after a couple minutes for air and take my hands off him. "So, good talk."

He moves his hands from my hair to my cheeks. "I'm in favour of having more 'talks' in the near future."

I smack him lightly on the chest and roll my eyes. "Dork."

"Your dork I hope. Will you be my boyfriend? We could go on a date tomorrow or nevermind that if you don't want any of that. Maybe you just want to be friends still."

"Boyfriends." I reach over and take his hand. "Definitely boyfriends."

He lets out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank the gods. I don't know what I'd do if you'd said you wanted to just be friends. I hear Canada is a nice place to live."

"You're not moving to Canada."

"Why, cause you'd miss your boyfriend?" He says in a sing-song voice.

"Yes." I deadpan.

He smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. "I know you're not much of a hugger, but I can't help it."

"I don't mind." I wrap my arms around his back. "Only you and my sisters are the exception. Maybe Piper. And then Percy just kinda doesn't care and hugs me anyway because he thinks I'm literally 10 still and treats me like his little brother." He laughs and blows warm air on my neck. "You give the best hugs though. Very cozy and comforting. But if you ever tell anyone that I will vehemently deny it."

"You're very snuggly for someone so grouchy."

"Oh shut up and kiss me again, Grace."

Bonus scene:
"Piper, why would he ask if my parents are still away?"

"Maybe he wants to come over."

"Piper, he said he's coming over right now!"

"That's a good thing!"

"AAHHH. GET OUT. YOU CAN'T BE HERE WHEN HE GETS HERE."

"Haha good luck."

"Shoo shoo. Get out."

"Okay but promise me you won't just wait at the door like a creeper."

"Yeah sure whatever."

*proceeds to wait at the door like the golden retriever he is and wait for his owner*