Chapter 6: Agent Hamil, FBI

"Maybe it's not a ghost?" Sam proposed, shrugging his shoulders. Dean shook his head and continued pacing back and forth across the room. It was officially two o'clock, and Dean said that maybe they should 'do a little more research' on the ghost to see what would need to be burned. Sam had said that they should go talk to a few kids who were on the field trip that day to see if they had seen the ghost or anything. They had shut off the TV about an hour ago, trying to think of a game plan while they finished lunch.

"What if we just split up?" Dean asked. "I can take the crime scene and look around there and back at the museum while you talk to kids. I just want this done."

"Agreed." Sam said, leaning back in his chair and running his hands over his face.

<><><><><>

"Agent Hamil, FBI." Sam said to the secretary at El Reno High School. "I'm here about the kids that went on the field trip earlier today."

"You just missed 'em, Agent." the woman said sadly, giving Sam a disappointing smile. "Principal Jones sent 'em all home when they got back to school. Bunch of the girls was crying and some of the boys wouldn't speak."

"Do any of them live close to here?" Sam asked, folding up his badge and tucking it into his pocket. "I was hoping to interrogate them."

"I'm not sure specific addresses," the woman started, "but you're welcome to look in the files, Agent." She turned around in her chair and pointed at a file cabinet in the corner. Sam nodded and gave a quick thank you, walking behind her desk to the cabinet. He opened the top drawer and looked in, seeing kids who were organized by the last name.

"I'm printing out a list of the kids who went for you." the woman said, the printer clicking on as a piece of paper was sucked into it. "That way you know who to look for."

Sam chuckled weakly. "Thanks." The paper made it through the machine and Sam grabbed it, going back to the file cabinet and taking them out one-by-one to look at the addresses. Lots of them didn't live very close to the school, and others didn't even live in town.

Sam had made it to the middle of the list when he saw a familiar name.

"Evelyn?" he mumbled quietly, looking at the list and staring at her name with a cocked eyebrow. He dug through the file cabinet and found 'Davidson, Evelyn Aletta' and pulled it out. He opened it and began reading, seeing she didn't have a father and her mother's name was Lottie. She was a sophomore, and her graduation year was 2018-which was fitting since it was February of 2016 now. He settled on going to talk to Evelyn seeing that they were already familiar with each other.

"Thank you for your help, ma'am." Sam said, giving the secretary a nod after putting the file back. He walked out of the office, going back to the Impala that Dean had let him borrow for his quest on his way to find Evelyn's house.

<><><><><>

Sam knocked on the door gently, trying not to pound on it. He heard quick footsteps and a lock turn, followed by the door opening to reveal a disheveled woman. Her face was tired and her eyes had bags, her black shirt tucked neatly into the waistband of her jeans being the only thing that didn't look rushed.

"Hello, ma'am." Sam said, ignoring how the woman cocked her eyebrow. He reached into his pocket to get his badge as she spoke.

"Uh, hello." she said, confused at why someone in a suit would be at her door. "Who are you?"

"Agent Hamil, FBI. Is Evelyn Davidson home? I'd like to ask her some questions about what happened today on the field trip." Sam said, holding up his badge for the woman to see. Her eyes went slightly wide.