Chapter Twenty-Nine: Soulmates and Jazz

Jazz. She heard the swinging bluesy music before she even walked into the speakeasy. As soon as she did she took long purposeful strides towards the dance floor, which was situated right in front of the stage and consequently, the band.

And then she was dancing. She wore a straight and loose tassel dress that was the colour of cream, and left her arms bare, even rising just below the knee which allowed flashes of leg to be seen as she danced. Quite simply put; it was scandalous.

Not that anyone here cared. The people that frequented establishments like these had little regard for the law, or propriety.

Corks were popping, cigarette smoke was in the air, and kisses were exchanged in the shadows. Everything was off limits, which made everything so much fun.

Suddenly she was being whirled around and she was facing a handsome young man with a familiar face. Kol.

"I've been looking all over for you." He said with a playful smile.

He nodded towards the singer in the band and the up-beat jazz song turned into a waltz.

He placed one hand on her shoulder blade, and used the other to hold her hand as the dance began.

"You look stunning." He whispered into her ear, causing the hairs on her arm to stand up, only for him to engage her in a spin.

"And you are are tease." She countered.

He chuckled, "You're a tease even when you're not trying to be doll." He whispered provocatively.

The bastard proceded to dip her before adding, "And when you try you're devastating."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monday morning, Cordelia couldn't shake her dream from the previous night. Except she couldn't be sure whether or not it was even a dream. It had certainly been vivid. But if it was a memory then Cordelia had three words for her past self. What. The. Hell.

The part that most bothered her was Kol. Kol who had smiled and laughed and complimented her. Not to mention the fact that they had been flirting. Gag.

No matter how unpleasant the dream had been, she still felt a pang of guilt when she saw Cal get out of his car.

He immediately spotted her, and when she saw the smirk on his face, she excused herself.

As she neared the jeep however, Cal was nowhere in sight, but as she rounded the car she felt his arms snake around her waist and turned to face him.

Much like when Kol had grabbed her hand and whirled her around to face him in the dream.

"What are you doing?" She laughed as his lips traveled along her jaw. "We're in public." She reminded him.

"Is that a problem?" He pulled away to ask, with a boyish grin.

An involuntary smile tugged at her lips, "I just mean that this isn't a good way to be...discreet."

"Discreet?" He repeated with a raised brow.

"Yeah. You know. Not everyone needs to know about...this when it's so new." She replied, smoothing his shirt with her hands, as he held her arm.