Chapter Thirty-Five: Gettin' Bi

Cordelia woke up to the sensation of a damp cloth on her forehead, and the smell of lavender. As she slowly came to conciousness, she started to absorb her surroundings.

She was lying down in a bed, the same one she'd slept in at her last Sterling Manor sleepover. Sometime between the last time she'd been concious and now, someone had taken off her bloody clothes, and left her in her underwear. And perhaps the most important observation she made, was that there was a guy in the room crushing something up using a mortar and pestle.

"Good you're awake." The guy smiled when he saw a wide-eyed Cordelia lying awake.

The guy looked to be around Cordelia's age, had dark hair that reached his shoulders, hooded eyes the colour of almonds, and a crooked smile, and when he spoke his words had a southern drawl to them.

He started walking towards her, and that was when Cordelia spoke up. "Unless you tell me who you are and what you're doing in the next ten seconds, i'll throw you around the room like a rag doll." She threatened, though she wasn't sure whether or not she'd be able to carry out that threat.

The guy raised his brows and his two hands in surrender. "I'm Patrick, Cal gave me a call and asked me to come to town because he was worried about you."

Cordelia gave him another once-over. Sensing her suspicion, Patrick showed her the contents of the mortar, which was filled with a variety of crushed herbs. "I'm a healer."

Cordelia started to open her mouth, but when she couldn't find a reason not to trust him, she closed her mouth and gave him a nod to show he could come closer.

Patrick gave her a small smile and walked to her bedside. On the nightstand was a big basin of water, and several candles that lit up the room. Patrick poured the contents of the mortar into the basin, then once the mixture was homogeneous he took the cloth from her forehead and dipped it into the mixture. He squeezed out the excess, then gently pressed the cool scented cloth to Cordelia's forehead, while mumbling a spell that was familiar to Cordelia.

"It's a healing spell right?" She asked lowly.

He nodded, keeping his eyes closed and his face tranquil. "It's specific to head injuries." He whispered before immediately relaunching into the incantation.

Cordelia's eyes fluttered shut, and she felt Patrick's abnormally warm hand touch her temple. As soon as his skin touched hers, the warmth in his hand seeped into Cordelia's forehead, and all the tension in her body faded away, till there was no pain in her body.

Cordelia opened her eyes, just in time to see the glow in the palm of Patrick's hand fade.

She sat up, her eyes never leaving Patrick. "Holy shit..." She mumbled, before a grin tugged at her mouth. "That. Was. A-mazing." She squealed.

Patrick shrugged, but smiled nonetheless. "It wasn't much, just a concussion."

"You have an amazing gift." Cordelia told him earnestly, before getting on her knees and leaning over to hug him. "Thank-you."

Patrick put his arms around her and patted her back. "Don't mention it."

When Cordelia pulled away, she remembered that she was in her underwear, and immediately grabbed the sheet to cover herself, a blush already forming.

When Patrick saw her reaction he chuckled, "Don't worry, I don't swing that way. Your virtue is safe with me." He told her with a wink, before throwing her a pair of jeans and a hoodie.