#15 Ha'iku, Hawaje

ENG: Ha'iku, Hawaii 

Aktualizacja (11.07.2019) PL: Haiku Stairs na wyspie Oahu to jedno z najbardziej niesamowitych miejsc na Hawajach. Przyciąga turystów pomimo faktu, że szlak jest zamknięty, a za złamanie zakazu grożą surowe kary, włącznie z 600-dolarowym mandatem i aresztem. "Schody do nieba", wtedy jeszcze drewniane, zainstalowano na Oahu podczas II wojny światowej. Prowadziły na szczyt Puu Keahiakahoe przez mglisty, wiecznie zielony las porastający zbocza pasma Koolau i zapewniały żołnierzom dostęp do stacji radiowo-nadawczej. W latach 50. XX wieku drewniane stopnie zastąpiono metalowymi. 30 lat później zlikwidowano stację, a szlak został zamknięty. Nadzór strażników nie przeszkadzał jednak turystom i fotografom nielegalnie zdobywać szczyt, by móc cieszyć się wspaniałymi widokami gór i zatoki Kanaohe.

Update (11.07.2019) ENG: Haiku Stairs on the island of Oahu is one of the most amazing places in Hawaii. It attracts tourists although the trail is closed, and severe fines, including a $ 600 mandate and detention, threaten to break the ban. Stairs to Heaven, then still wooden, was installed on Oahu during World War II. They led up Puu Keahiakahoe to the misty, evergreen forest on the slopes of the Koolau range and provided soldiers with access to the radio station. In the 1950s, wooden steps were replaced with metal ones. 30 years later, the station was liquidated and the trail was closed. The surveillance of the guards did not prevent tourists and photographers from illegally climbing the summit to enjoy the magnificent views of the mountains and the bay of Kanaohe.