Dix

Shannon:

Flashbacks...

I felt really depressed, me going to college is really hard for me. Leaving my friends and family, or even the love of my life.

But i had to do this, thats what i want, thats my dream.

I had only today for me to enjoy in Nebraska, before not seeing it for a while. Im going to new york tomorrow afternoon.

I've spent all summer with my friends and family, and especially my boyfriend, the love of my life. Jack

Its really hard for me but i have to let go. They say 'if you love em let them go, eventually you'll find one another' i always thought that ill never think or use this line. But now i find myself using it to let go of jack and carry on my dream.

Im standing in front of jacks house ready to break the news.
I knock the door, after a few seconds mrs johnson opens it.

"Hey sweetie." She greets me with a hug, i hug back trying to hold back my tears. Im definitely gonna miss this. After stupid arguments mrs johnson and my mum are always here , cheering me up.

We pull out of the hug and she looks at my teary eyes.
"Whats wrong shannon? You're not your cheery self" she rubs my back.

"So you know i-i want to go to the college i want to," She nods her head "but i just- i just don't want jack to hold onto me because im going to be there for a while. I know he might come visit at times but i want him to have a great career." I burst crying my head in my small shaking hands.

"Honey, I understand and im pretty sure jack will too," She coos "go up talk to him." She hugs me once more time.

I walk up the wooden stairs, going straight to jacks door. Wiping my eyes from all the tears I knock and wait for him to call in.

"Come in!" He calls

I turn the door knob and open it revealing jack on the bed his eyes glued to the phone.

"Hey" my voice croaks

His eyes snap towards me, and he gets up instantly hugs me which i return back hugging tighter.

"Hey baby" he pecks my lips and then my cheeks. We walk towards his bed and lay down me wrapped between his arms.

"I missed you" i blurt out,

"Couldn't get enough of me aye," he smirks. "Its only been less than twenty- four hours babe."

I laugh snuggling closer to him, "jack i need to tell you something." I breath "just know that this is for the best okay?" He nods confused.

"Im moving to new york for college," his smile fades away instantly "but...um there is a problem." I take a deep breath already a tear slipping.

He wipes the tear with his thumb
"Baby girl why you crying?" He hugs me

"I have to spend a couple years in new york, and honestly i don't want you to be tied down to me, i want you to continue your career." I sniffle "im letting you go jack." I stand up heading for door, after he wouldn't say anything.

"Wait, what? You breaking up with me?" He croaked, i nod

"Why? Why you gotta do this? i can visit you every month. But please don't break us up." He sniffs.

"Jack you cant just come and visit me whenever you want because you need to start your career. Touring the world, preforming in front thousands of people. I don't wanna ruin that." I cry

"That doesn't matter i just wanna be with you shannon, i wanna tour the world with you, i wanna preform with you watching me backstage." His eyes well up with tears

"Im sorry jack, believe me i want to be able to watch you preform and tour the world  but i have a dream to accomplish and i don't want you to be tied down because of me. Okay baby?" I wipe the tears that slipped from his ocean eyes.

"Just count this as a see you later -well for four years." I breath out a laugh and jack smiles weekly.

"O-okay, but can i have one more kiss?" He looks me in the eyes.

"Of cours-" he smashes his lips on mine forcefully but full of passion, i kiss as much force as i can. Its like he poured every emotion in that kiss. 

We pull out and rest our foreheads together.

"Baby im gonna miss you so fucking much." He whispers.

That day i spent it with him just cuddling and watching movies.

End of flashback

That was basically the story of how we broke up. My love for him was fading away honestly but now its coming back.

I lay down with jacks arm draped over my waist.

I feel his lips on my shoulder blade travelling to my neck.
"I love you." He whispers again, thinking i was asleep

"I love you too." I reply in a whisper

»»»»»
This is all a flashback except the last part. Hope you enjoyed

I love you ❤️
-nadz