07 • Help

The Narnian's sat all around the dancing lawn, shouting at the two Telmarine's in the middle of the chaos.

"All this horn proves is that they've stolen yet another thing from us!" Nikabrik was the first to shout his displeasure.

"We didn't steal anything!" Caspian was quick to defend him and his sister, but the Narnian's are quicker to shout back.

     "Didn't steal anything? Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?" This time it was a Minotaur to speak. In desperate times, even those who share a common enemy come together.

"Our homes!"
     "Our freedom!"
"Our lives!"
Aubrianna finally steps forward to speak.

"You would hold us accountable for all the crimes of our people?" She casts a glance at Nikabrik who simply shouts "Accountable...And punishable!" The rest shout in agreement, but Reepicheep hastily speaks up in defense of the two.

     "Ha! That is rich coming from you, dwarf. Or have you forgotten that it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?"
Nikabrik glares at the mouse, spewing out "And I'd gladly do it again if it would rid us of these barbarians!" Some shout their agreement once more, while most stay quiet.

     Trufflehunter decided to speak once more, in favor of the siblings, of course.
"Then we are lucky it is not in your power to bring her back. Or door you want us to ask these two to go against Aslan?" And the shouting consumes the lawn once more.

     The badger speaks once more after it has quieted.

"Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam or a daughter of Eve were in reign."

     Nikabrik is swift to shout out his distaste.
"They're Telmarines! Why would we ant them as our king and queen?"

Aubrianna looks to Caspian, who steps forward to speak.

"Because we can help you. Beyond these woods, we are a prince and princess. The Telmarine throne is rightfully ours. Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us.
     Aubrey smiles proudly at her brother, and they lock gazes.

Glenstorm steps forward, speaking up for the first time that night.

"It is true. The time is ripe. I watch the skies, for it is mine to watch as it is yours to remember, badger.
     Tarva, the Lord of Victory, and Alambil, the Lady of Peace, have met, and here a son of Adam and daughter of Eve have come forth to offer us back our freedom."

A nearby squirrel speaks up after Glenstorm's speech. "Is it possible? Do you really think there could be peace? Do you? I mean, really?"

     Caspian sent a look to her sister, and she nodded, opening her mouth to speak.
"Two days ago, we didn't believe in the existence of talking animals, or dwarfs, or centaurs. Yet, here you are...in strength and numbers we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magic or not, it brought us together." Caspian cuts in to finish the speech.

     "And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours."

Again, Glenstorm steps forth to speak.
     "If you both will lead us, then my sons and I offer you our swords." Reepicheep steps up, drawing his sword. "And we offer you our lives...unreservedly." The mouse bows, and Trufflehunter turns to the two.

"Miraz' army will not be far behind, sir, madame."
     Aubrey smiles at the badger, speaking aloud for all to hear. "If we are to be ready for them, we must hurry to find soldiers and weapons. I am sure they will be here soon."