18 • Promise

They slept that night. Not well, but they all slept. The kings and queens were anxious, it was almost time.

It was only a matter of time before Miraz attacked the Howe, but they would face it, together. While the eldest and youngest Pevensie conversed in the stone table room, the others began panicking on the roof of the ancient temple. "Edmund, fetch Peter and Lucy, now." Susan commanded her brother, who ran inside in search of the High King and Queen.

   The three soon joined the others' sides, panics setting in amongst them all as they watch the Telmarine army approaching, the formerly mentioned king, leading the mass group.

Back in the Stone Table room, the Narnian's make plans of action. As Aubrianna joined the group, she heard Trumpkin yell in anger. "...next big plan? Sending a little girl alone into the darkest parts of the forest?"
    She reached the others, confusion in panicky struck across his features, before her brother pulled her aside to explain as the Narnian's continued conversing.

"Caspian you and I both know Lucy is a very powerful and strong young woman but there are Telmarine's waiting in those woods.." Lucy had become the Princess's sister in the short time they were together, and refused to see harm be brought upon the young Queen. "We must do what we can, Susan will be accompanying her, she will be safe."

     The telmarine princess swallowed heavily with a moments hesitation, before nodding.

     "We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back." The words of the High King momentarily distracted the girl, and she caught her brother's eye.

Stepping closer to the king, she opened her mouth to speak. "If I may?" He briefly nodded, all eyes on her.
     "Miraz may be a Tyrant and a murderer. But as king, his is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people." Joining his sister's side, it is Caspian's turn to speak. "There is one in particular that may buy us some time."

As their siblings do their part in the plan, Aubrianna and Peter stand in Peter's makeshift chambers, the King putting on armor for battle, the telmarine princess aiding him.

As she goes to hand him his sword, she huffs. Their eyes lock, Peter's softening as they meet Aubrey's worried gaze. "You have to promise me."

"Promise what?" His face contorts to that of confusion, as she is hardly able to get out "Promise me you'll be safe." Tears threaten to fall now, and Peter smiles gingerly at Aubrianna, wiping them away. "I promise."

Tatatatata I loved writing this chapter :)) I can promise you all that you'll quite enjoy the next chapter ;) enjoy my loves xx