17 • Anchor

The pair spent what felt like hours in the water, swimming around, floating on their back, when Peter became awry of the time.

"I'm afraid we must be heading back soon." The princess smiles up at the king. "Go on, I'll follow soon." He carried himself out of the water and to his clothes on the floor. Peter dressed quickly, wishing the girl goodbye before making his way out of the cave.

Aubrianna swam with thoughts poking at the back of her mind. No other had made his feel this way in her lifetime. The constant tingling in her stomachs. From what she had heard in the village back home, she didn't believe in 'butterflies'. But the way her heart stopped, and the way the air left her lungs when she was around the king made her wonder many things.

What was this feeling?

Chaos made its way into the depths of Aslan's Howe, underneath everyone's noses. Nikabrik had turned against the kings and queens, and Aubrianna had made it back in time to witness Edmund put a end to the white witches ghost.

   In shock and rage, she removed herself from the room, her brother and the king noticing her retreat.

She sat outside that night, on the ledge of one of the many tiers of the howe in wonder. What had gone down moments before she arrived? Would either of the Narnian's gone through with it?

     Her thoughts were ceased as a certain Pevensie king sat next to her. "Penny for your thoughts?" Her doe eyes glanced at him in confusion.

"What's a penny?"

He chuckled, smiling down towards his lap. "Nothing that concerns you, love." Silence followed suite, the busy midnight wind filling the void of quiet. Peter quickly glanced at the girl, turning to face her. "I wouldn't have done it, y'know."

Relief flooded the princess, but she was hesitant. "Is that so?" He grinned, which swiftly turned into a large smile. "Thoughts of you would have saved me." She blushed, smiling at the ground. "Oh?"

The king stared at her downcast face, swiftly kissing her cheek. "Consider yourself my..anchor."

VERRRRY SHORT BUT IM PROUD¿ ALSO, HOLY CRAP GUYS 4K I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR STICKING BY ME💖