23 • Love

Aubrianna's outfit for the coronation was quite elegant. A royal light blue flowing dress with gold accents, to match her brothers, and a marvelous crown. They began the parade on the outskirts of Telmar, working in toward the castle, with Aslan in front of the siblings, and the Pevensies behind them.

The event was quite spectacular, and the Narnian's spent many many hours into the night dancing. Fireworks were set off, bringing a close to the celebration, but the news of the new King and Queen would travel through out Narnia for months after.

It was after the fireworks, and the royals were heading to bed. Caspian and Aubrianna had shown the Pevensies their spare rooms, as the newly announced king and queen retired to their own.

After making sure Caspian had gone to his room, Aubrianna snuck back toward the royal guest quarters of the castle. Slipping into a room, she turned to be met with the grinning face of Peter Pevensie. "Peter!" She hissed, and he let out a quiet chuckle. "Sorry, love." He leaned in, kissing her, and she let out a giggle as she too, leaned in. As he was only in pants and a white shirt, she deemed it fit and lead him out the door, and into the hallway.

"Where are we going?" Slightly thrilled to be sneaking around, they ducked behind plants and statues before they finally reached another bedroom.

Throwing open the large wooden door, a faint smell of lavender and honey hit the nose of the king.

"Is this your room?" A grinning queen nodded back at him, running for her bed.
She planted herself beneath the covers as he shut the door behind him and climbed into bed soon after.

They lay, her head under his chin, his resting above her head, arms around one another. The flickering of the candles and steady rhythm of their breathing being the only noise in the room.
    Peter sighed, guilt heavy in his heart and he looked down at her and finally spoke. "You know Aslan-" "I know." She interrupted, knowing what was to come. "And you know, despite how little time we've known each other that I l-" "I know." This time her heart hammered, and she looked up at him.
"I love you too."

I awed, oops. Thank you all so much for 16K! Go check out the first part of Rule, and add it to your libraries. The next chapter will be the last chapter of Siege :( I need to find a good script for the Dawn Treader, anyone know any? Pm me if you do! Hope you enjoyed the chapter :)