21 • Reason

The Telmarines retreat, heading for Beruna. They meet the bridge, not a moments hesitation before crossing. Halfway, Sopespian halts the army. The youngest queen stands, seemingly alone, holding her dagger.

A few laughs ripple throughout the army, but cease as the see the great cat stand next to the queen. Sopespian thinks, looking between his army and the two in front on him.
"Charge!" He starts for the figures across the bridge, but is brought to an abrupt stop as the great king roars.
The water beneath the bridge begins to whip and wave wildly, and just as suddenly, it shoots up. As it meets the skyline, a head has formed. The river-God.
He lifts the bridge, one by one the telmarine soldiers fall, until only Sopespian is left.

Water then engulfs the lord.

Telmarines climb the shore, dropping their weapons one by one in a pile at the feet of Narnians.
The kings and queens, along with the two telmarines, kneel before Aslan, grateful to have him back.

"Rise, kings and queens of Narnia." The Pevensie children stand, but the two children of Telmar stay kneeling. "All of you." The two lock eyes, and Aubrianna nods, motioning for her brother to speak the words they are both thinking.

"We do not think we are ready." Aslan smiles, peering down at the two. "It's for that very reason I know that you both are." They rise, Peter helping a gleaming princess off the rocky ground.
Music sounds, the pitter-patter of feet following suite. Several mice appear, holding Reepicheep up on a stretcher.

  Lucy quickly kneels, a drop from her cordial crawling into the mouth of the mouse.

He breathes, launching up. "Oh, thank you, your majesty..." His eyes drift to Aslan, as he lunges toward the ground. "Oh, hail Aslan! It is a great honor to be-" He is cut off, stumbling over. He looks back, realizing his tail is gone.
"I am completely out of countenance. I crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Perhaps a drop more?" The mouse glances toward Lucy who holds her cordial with a grimace on her face.

     "I don't think it does that." Reepicheep tilts his head, overwhelmingly desperate. "You can have a go." He holds his hand out, silently hoping she would. A deep chuckle is heard and he glances toward the great king. "It becomes you well, small one." Reepicheep sighs, tilting his head.
  "All the same, great king, I regret that I must withdraw. For a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse..." As the conversation grows on, Aubrianna appears distracted.
She smiles up at a certain king, unable to look away, as he holds her in his embrace. "You're staring." She grins, Peter's eyes meeting her own. "What?" He seems concerned for a mild second but she merely shakes her head. "You make me happy." Peter grins, going to kiss her forehead, but is halted as Aslan roars in the face of  Trumpkin.

"Do you see him now?"

Guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated, tough times have hit my family, things I don't really want to share but I feel as if I'm slipping back into depression. It's not necessarily an excuse but I am sorry. Some mild fluff in there for you all, and the coronation will be posted as soon as I can post it :)