24 • Voyage

Waking up the next morning was like a dream within a dream to the newly announced Narnian queen. With the High King in the sheets, by her side, a giddy smile made its way upon her face.

The man lay with one arm around the queen's waist, the other beneath the pillow under his head, face smushed into the feathered cushion. Aubrianna swiftly lent down toward her love, peppering kisses along his bare back, up his shoulder, and to his neck.

      A heavy intake of breathe was heard, a gruff voice following suite. "I could get used to waking up like that every morning." He smiled up at her, his mind still hazy from the prior night. When he realized they were both bare beneath the sheets, his smiled etched into a grin.
"Dear Aslan, I love you." Instead of answering Peter back, Aubrianna lent in for a quick kiss, before slipping out of bed. She took a bed sheet with her, trailing it behind her and into the bathroom.

"I need a bath..in fact, I think we both do." She smiled wickedly, leaving the bathroom door open ajar, before drawing a bath.

A certain king soon followed.

Narnians and Telmarines alike scattered about a court yard, looking up at the kings and queen before them. Among them stand trusted friends and advisors, The Great King himself, and a large tree behind them.

The newly throned siblings stand before the crowd, addressing the matter of the Telmarines.

Caspian, spoke first, a slight step in front of his sister. "Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to any man. Any Telmarines who wish to stay and live in peace are welcome to." The king then gestured for his sister to step up next to him.

"And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of your forefathers." She smiled at out the crowd as a man spoke up.
"It has been generations since we left Telmar."
It was now Aslan's time to speak.

"We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. They found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as our kings and queens." Aslan looked to the awaiting Pevensies.

"It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." A pause swept across them all, as a mummer arose from the crowd. "I'll go. I will accept the offer." Heads turned toward the voice of Glozelle. Aubrianna's breathe hitched, as a polite smile dared to cross her face.

"So will we." Prunaprismia steps forward, holding the queen and king's cousin, along with another Lord behind her. The small group stepped up, rising on the steps to stand before Aslan.
   "Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good." Aslan opens his mouth, and breathes air onto the group.

The tree set off to the front of the massive crowd then twists, opening somewhat of a door, between the large trunks. The three walk, toward the door, until they all vanish from sight.

Frightened gasps erupt from the crowd.
"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?"
     A Telmarine yells from the mass. Whispers still progress throughout the group, wary glances sent toward the great cat. Reepicheep, whom stands some of a short distance from the mighty king, speaks.

     "Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay." Aubrianna then casts a sad, longing glance at Peter, whom looks at Susan, and they both look back to Aslan, who meets their gaze.

"We'll go." Edmund, eyes bulging, turns to his brother. "We will?" Peter lightly smiles at the younger boy. "Come on. Our time's up."

Peter stalks forward, toward Caspian, offering his sword. "After all, we're not really needed here anymore." Caspian takes his sword, silently concerned for his sister's feelings. "I will look after it until your return." He goes to smile, but it is quick to fade after Peter's next words.

"I'm afraid that's just it- We're not coming back." It's Lucy's turn to look at her brother in alarm.
"We're not?" Looking back to Lucy and Edmund, Peter quips, "You two are."
He then glances to Aslan. "At least, I think he means you two." Lucy, quickly turning to the cat, questions "But why? Did they do something wrong?"
He kindly smiles at the girl. "Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live on their own."

Peter begins embracing his awaiting friends. Glenstorm is first, followed by Cornelius, and Trumpkin. As Edmund and Lucy do the same, Peter makes his way to an awaiting Queen.
Before she turns to her love, Aubrianna spies the second eldest Pevensie making her way toward her brother.
She turns, gazing softly at the King.
He breaks the silence first.
"I'll miss you."

"I'll visit." Aubrianna grins at the king. She knows she may not have time, but she will surely try. They both know that. "I love you." The two say, their voices overlapping one another's. They grin, leaning until their lips meet. It's slows and sweet, but all at once, passionate and longing. They break apart as they hear Lucy and Edmund speak. "..I don't think I want to understand."

The couple smiles as they see their siblings finally embracing in a kiss. They hug once more, before parting, Peter and Susan joining the younger two.

They slowly start for the door. Peter gives Aubrianna once last heart wrenching gaze, before he has gone.
His sibling following him once by one, until the trunks twist back into one, and they are gone.

The last remaining two turn to each other.
"Caspian how do you feel about a voyage?"

I'm so heart broken that I HAVE FINISHED THIS BOOK🤧😭 Rule has already been posted and I will tell you all about it in the next chapter. :(