16 • Apology

Aubrianna had gone off to bathe after hearing the High King's words against her family, rage building in her heart. She had informed a female centaur on her way to the waterfall nearby. It was a secluded cave, water spilling from a crack in the wall, an opening along one side.

Sunlight spilled in, making certain spots of the water glisten, and Aubrianna left her clothes along the rocky path as she stepped into the water. It was warm, a cool tinge to it, as she swam to the rapidly falling water. Her hair became dark and longer, ash she ran her fingers through the locks.

The princess sank down into the water, her head and floating hair the only thing visible in the dark cave and murky water. Leaves rustled outside and she became more aware as she heard a voice call out.

"Aubrianna I want to apologize!" Peter.

     Sure she had calm down, but that doesn't mean his words hadn't stung her heart. She swam through the water, lurking by the edge. She didn't care if her undergarments got wet, she just couldn't be seen nude. She grabbed her things, slipping them on, leaving her clothing on the rocks. "In here!"

Mumbling was heard, sticks breaking and feet shoveling. Peter squinted his eyes as he made his way in, adjusting to the darkness. He spotted the princess by the edge, relief washing over him.

His face was down at as he noticed her stony gaze cast towards him. "I want to apologize." She huffed, crossing her arms and she rose an eyebrow.

"Go on."

"What I said was inappropriate, completely rude, and I'm sorry. I understand if you don't want to speak to me. It was my fault what happened with the rest of our troop, I was just angry at myself."
His head dropped, but a small smile was evident on the princess's face. She swam closer, lifting herself up, sitting next to him.

"Apology accepted. I understand you struggle with anger Peter, just don't take it out on those around you." He looked up to grin at her, but then noticed she was almost nude.

He blushed, staring at her with wide eyes.
"Uncomfortable?" She grinned, standing up. The princess walked down to the water, where the rock fell into it, and held out her hand to the king.

"Join me?"

I'd like to apologize for the late update! It's been a good while but I've started end of the year testing and I'm getting about 3 sheets of homework to do in each class now. I'll try to update more frequently :) We're also very close to 3k and I'd like to thank you all💖