Night Flight

The rest of that day, I was just getting to meet people. I also met the dragons in the stables. The day passed quite quickly, and I wondered back to Halla's house. She is more like a mom than anything, even though I am NOT her daughter. I was eating a chicken leg, her sitting across from me, asking what happened. I told her what happened, she got this sorry face. "Not your fault." I said as I finished my food.

"You should get to bed." She said as she got up. "Yeah, you too!" I said in a joking matter. "Don't worry, I'll be asleep before you will." She said, and I completely agreed with her statement. She walked to her bed, and I stayed downstairs. I opened the front door as quietly as possible and walked out.

I looked around making sure I was completely alone, once I was sure, I walked towards the woods. I climbed the highest tree I could find and started taking my clothes off. I was sure no one was around to see me nude. Once all of my clothes were off I climbed down and once on the ground I went into my dragon form.

I loved the feeling of once again being in my dragon form, it felt like its been forever. I stretched my wings and tail and got used to four legs again. I had a smile upon my face, and I walked towards a good cliff to jump off of. I looked down, towards the ice cold waters. I lifted my wings outwards and gave a good hard push. I flew up into the air and did a spin, letting the cool night air grasp me.

I flew upwards and flew around the clouds, dodging each one. Once I was quite a few hundred feet from land, I dived downword and twirled in circles. I outstretched my wings and flew up before I got too low to recover. I did backflips and flew upside down but only for a short amount of time.

I did many more dives and spins, and soon grew tired. I landed on the ground, near the village. I heard someone running up towards me. I held my position, watching for whoever it was. "Hey bud, I was wondering where you went off to." Hiccup said as he approached me. I started backing up nervously.

"Go away." I said in dragon as my tail hit a tree. "What is it Toothless?" Hiccup asked me. I then saw as Toothless walked out from where he was and was next to Hiccup. I turned around and started to run, I had no idea what else to do. What if they make me carry a Viking . . . It would be weird if my rider found out I am also human.

I heard Toothless chasing me, Hiccup likely on his back. I sped up, and neared the cliff. I immediately jumped, not thinking about it. I spred my wings, Hiccup and Toothless on my tail. I sped up faster than they can, no longer having fatigue from my last flight. I turned sideways towards the island.

I dived straight for the woods, landing in the trees, I knew Toothless wouldn't . . . He just wouldn't. I shifted human and threw on the clothes. "That was one way to let Toothless know he isn't the only NightFury." I mumbled to myself as I threw on my boots. I ran over towards Halla's house and ran into my room, hoping he hadn't seen me.

Hiccups POV

"THERE IS ANOTHER NIGHTFURY!" I said to my five friends. "Hiccup, do you realize how low of a chance that is?" Fishlegs asked me. "I saw it, with my own eyes. I confused her with Toothless at first, but it was another NightFury. She was FAST too!" I continued still in my own world. "Are you sure it wasn't Toothless, maybe he was playing with you." Astrid said. "You really don't believe me?" I asked them astonished.

"Ehhhh . . ." Fishlegs started. "There's no proof." Snotlout pointed out. "Fine let me show you." I told them. The twins started blabbing stuff to each other, something not of the subject. We all got onto our dragons and scouted the area, looking for the last place we saw her.

"Grrrwwrrr." Toothless said as he went into a different direction. "What is it bud?" I questioned him. He started climbing up a tree and came down with a sock in his mouth. "What's this?" I asked him as I grabbed it. He climbed back up and grabbed something else and came over. He handed it to me, a black NightFury scale.

"See, a NightFury scale . . ." I said as I handed it to Astrid. "Hiccup, this could be your dragons scale. I really want to believe you, I do, but I need better proof than this." She said as she gestured to the scale and dropped it on the ground. "Come on girl, lets get to bed." She said as she took Stormfly home.