Prologue

Gene's POV

I hauled the last of my bags into the truck, rubbing my hands off on my pants. Whew, lifting causes sweat, eh? 

I checked the address of my new house again and got in my car. It was a black Honda. I turned on GPS and drove to my street. It wasn't too far from my old apartment. I parked my car and watched as the moving people helped to carry boxes to the new place.

It was pretty big.

While I was waiting, I pondered what to do. Hm, might as well meet my new neighbors. I slipped on a jacket and walked up to the first house. I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

"Coming!" A farmiliar voice called, I just couldn't put my finger on it...

The door opened.

"Oh, Gene." (Y/N) stared at me, eyeing me down. "What're you doing here?" She leaned against the doorframe, as if she didn't want me coming in.

"I'm moving here." I laughed.

"M-moving!?" She seemed surprised, almost panicked. "A-are you sure?"

"Mhm." I noted how she seemed dazed, scared even. "Don't worry. I've changed since Highschool."

"Ha." She snickered. "As if."

"Look-" I tried to protest, but I couldn't. There was no excuse for what I did in Highschool, especially to a beautiful girl like her...

"Um, Gene?" (Y/N) snapped her fingers in front of my face, snapping me out of my trance. "You were saying?"

I sighed. "I know that there's no excuse for what I did to you in Highschool-"

"What you did to ALL of us." She corrected. "You blackmailed Aphmau! You beat up Zane! Y-you c-called me your pawn!" She screeched.

"Yes, what I did to all of you." I looked down. "And you have every right to be mad at me. I just want to let you know that I've changed. I was a real jerk back then, not just to you. You don't have to forgive me if you don't want to, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry." I looked back up at her cold eyes. "Well, bye then." I turned to go but felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back, surprised.

(Y/N) was looking at me pitifully, once stone eyes turned to a bar of golden honey. "Why don't you come in. We can talk this out."

I turned to face her, managing a small smile. "U-um ok-kay..." I stammered as I walked in after her. As I sat down on her  (f/c) couch, I felt something...strange. What was this feeling? Was it possible...was it probable that I was feeling...love?