Chapter Five - New...neighbors?

Your POV

Gene had stayed overnight. I had slept on the couch while Gene slept in my bed. However, when I woke up in the morning, I somehow found myself on top of my bed.

WITH GENE.

I tried not to make a sound, but a muffled shrieking noise came from my lips. Gene stirred and snaked his right arm around my waist. I let out an even higher pitched squeak.

"G-Gene?" I stammered softly. Gene moaned and shifted a bit more. "Uh...could you maybe unwrap your arm from my waist? Please?"

Gene's eyes slowly fluttered open. He looked at me, then the position we were in, and blushed lightly.

"Oh! Uh...sorry." He let go of me, embarrassed.

Relieved, I stretched and got up, making my way to my closet. "Hm, what to wear today...?" I murmured, holding up some jean shorts and a long sleeved blouse. "Nah, too plain." I pulled out a shirt which had two dogs with bikinis on. (A/N: IT'S A REAL THING! I have it as one of my shirts...courtesy of Mom.) "Ew, innapropro!" I squeaked like a sassy teen. I heard deep laughter in the background and blushed, forgetting Gene was there.

"Man, didn't know it took so long for girls to choose what they wear," Gene scoffed. I snorted.

"Oh, shut it, you! Why don't you go make some breakfast or something while I get dressed."

"Fine," Gene sighed, heading for the door. He put a hand on the knob and left, stopping to wave at me before he did. I sighed and pulled something else out from my closet, something that just...spoke to me.

It looked like this:

I pulled my hair into a side braid and ditched the backpack

I pulled my hair into a side braid and ditched the backpack. I wore the earrings, but hid the fake engagement ring. I can't believe I still had it! The last time I remember wearing it was in Highschool, when I had decided to become a zombie bride for Halloween. I put on the boots and went downstairs, only to see Gene at the stove.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd actually cook," I scoffed. Gene turned, smiling.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

I sighed and plopped myself down in a seat. "What are you making?"

"Scrambled eggs."

"Oh." I drummed my fingers against the table. As I waited for the food to come, there was a knock at my door. "I'll get it!" I told Gene, and got up. I walked over to the door and opened it, only to see a very surprised Sasha.

"Uh...hey. Didn't know you lived here..." Sasha said coolly, eying me down.

"Yeah, I do. What do you want?" I replied, hands on my hips. Sasha looked at my hand. Her eyes lit up. I thought I heard her whisper something before replying.

"Sorry Zenix, I just had to!"

She took a deep breath and pointed to my palm. "Can I read it?"