Chapter Six - Gene's Fury/Gene's Will

Your POV

I cringed as Gene lectured me, hands up to prove his point.

"...and don't forget that they not only bullied others, but you as well!" Gene snapped, hands moving down to his hips. "You are SO lucky we are not related, because if we were-"

"HEY! Don't forget that YOU were their leader, and therefore, you bullied me too! And, guess what, you're in MY house, under MY roof, and part of MY forgiven section in my heart. So, what makes you any different from them, huh? Oh, I know, the fact that YOU were the baddest of them all!" I fired back. Gene looked like he wanted to protest, but he had no words.

"W-well..." Gene stammered, trying to think of some excuse. "I've changed. Yeah, that's right. Zenix tried to attack you, if you don't recall?"

I remembered the moment vividly. I mean, it was only a day ago. But, recalling that kiss brought me back to an old highschool memory. My eyes got big as I dozed off into a world of my own.

"C'mon, Pawn, let's go!" Gene snapped at me, glaring as I lagged behind him. My eyes gleamed with tears as I knew my grades would fall.

"I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH!" I screamed, wiping my eyes. Gene showed no signs of remorse, he  only laughed.

"Aww, I'm sorry for making you cry. Do you need a tissue?" he mocked me. I glared at him, teeth gnashed. 

"No, I just need you to get out of my life!"

"Ha!" Gene sneered, approaching toward me. He grabbed my chin with his hand, pulling me close. I could see that smirk so clearly, and would never forget it. He yanked me closer and closer, enjoying the mask of horror painted on my face.

"P-please... back up..." I whispered softly. Gene started to cackle louder than ever just then.

"Go kill yourself," he breathed, pulling me in. He then caressed my cheek, in a loving matter. I started to wail louder.

"What do you mean!?" I screamed. (A/N: When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no - oh... okay, I'll stop now.)

Gene snickered. "I meant what I said. Go kill yourself."

"I will!" I yelled, revealing my big secret. "I've been cutting anyway, so I might as well!"

Gene's smirk vanished then. I put my face in my hands and cried the loudest I ever had. I sat down right there in the grass, head in my knees now. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, but ignored it.

"(Y/n)..." Gene murmured.

"GO AWAY!" I cried loudly, so savagely that Gene removed his hand from my shoulder. I sobbed angrily and looked up, seeing Gene staring at me. "...what did I tell you? Go. Away!" I yelled.

Gene said nothing for a long time. He just stood there, watching me cry, but he didn't look entertained at all. Instead, he grabbed my arms, and started to push up the sleeves of my uniform. Shocked, I pulled away from him, sniffing back my tears, but looking him coldly in the eyes.

"Show me your marks," Gene ordered harshly.

"No!" I refused.

"Show me your marks, NOW!" Gene raised his hand. Terrified, I pulled up my sleeves and pants, revealing the deep gashes I gave myself. Gene rubbed his fingers over them, then grabbed my wrist. "Come on," he said, hiding any emotion from me.

"Wh-what are you gonna do to me? Are you... gonna beat me?" I asked timidly. Gene looked surprised.

"I know I blackmailed you, forced you to do my bidding, and said mean things about you, but I would never, ever beat you."