Chapter Four - Healer

Your POV

"Hold still!" I grunted as I applied more cream to Gene's gashes.

"Maybe I would if it didn't hurt!" He retorted.

"Well it kinda needs to in order to work!" I snapped, wrapping a bandage around another wound. He let out a faint hiss as the bandage was tied. "Sorry," I muttered, reaching for another wad of cream.

"I know you're trying to help, but it could be more tolerable!" Gene shot back.

I sighed. "Trust me, I don't like this any more than you do."

He growled painfully. "Then don't do it!"

As if on cue, my phone rang. I sighed and picked it up, mumbling a quick "hold on a minute" before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hi (Y/n)!"

"Oh, hey Aphmau. Look, I can't talk right no-"

"(Y/n), I'm treating the gang to dinner at Olive Garden. Wanna come?"

I bit my lip regretfully. "Ooh, sorry Aph, helping out a friend here. He got beat up pretty bad."

Nothing.

"Hello? You there?" I questioned.

The line went dead.

"APHMAU!" I screamed, frustrated now. "APHMAU! PICK UP THE DARN PHONE!"

Still no answer.

"EEEYAHHHH!" Out of frustration, I threw my cell on the floor in frustration. I heard something shatter. I groaned and flipped my phone over to see a nice big crack. "Great. Just great." I muttered, stuffing it back in my pocket. I then heard a knock at the door. "ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME!" I yelled. I had just gotten back to tending to Gene. I left to get the door.

"HEY (Y/N)!" Aphmau squealed.

"Agh..." I covered my ears as she hugged me. "So much fangirlism..."

She laughed. "Oh, you should see Kawaii~Chan. All over Aarmau, that girl."

I nodded as she brushed past me.

"So who's that friend you are helping? Sorry to just barge in, but I just HAD to help in some way-"

She froze when she reached the family room.

"Aphmau," I took a deep breath as I walked in behind her. "Meet Gene."

She eyed him down suspiciously before sitting down in my (f/c) armchair. She couldn't seem to take her eyes off him. "Oh. Hi, Gene." She grumbled angrily.

"Hi," he risked a worried look. "Good to see you again, Aphmau."

I saw them eyeing each other down, and knew I had to do something! I walked in the middle of the room and sat down on the (f/c) couch beside Gene. "Anyways, I'm just going to be treating Gene's wounds now. Don't mind me."

Aphmau looked down and then up. She looked at him with something else in her eyes. Sympathy? "Man, you got beat real bad," she commented, pulling out her phone. She set up the camera and took a picture.

"Don't you dare post that on Instagram," I growled. She looked up at me, surprised.

"I wouldn't dream of it! I was just going to keep record, you know, to see what you're doing. See how fast they heal."

"Uh huh." I muttered. "Like I'm gonna fall for a simple trick like that." I turned back to Gene and started to clot a cut on his finger.

"It huuuuuuurts!" He moaned.