night meetings part six

The two continued to talk for awhile, bickering here and there but not really putting any bite to their insults. Allen couldn't believe that he was actually enjoying himself, even if he was doing most of the talking. He'd known Kanda was a man of few words but he just never realized just how few. It took awhile before he would receive answers that didn't contain a shrug or an annoying 'che. If someone had come up to him, barely even a day ago, and told him that he would be here; enjoying a conversation with the man next to him, he would of politely insisted they seek medical attention.
Allen really didn't want to lose this moment of peace between the both of them but he just had to ask the question. It was the main reason for their meeting up in the first place. Finally he caught a break in the conversation and the question broke free.

"Are you going to tell me why you disappeared now?" Kanda narrowed his eyes at the question, (Allen swore he could dust with those lashes) but didn't drop his smile.

"What does it matter? I'm here now." Allen held back a sigh of frustration.

"Kanda, the whole reason we are meeting here is because you wouldn't tell me earlier."

"Can't you just drop it. So I wasn't there all day what do you want me to do? Be with you every second?"
Allen wanted nothing more then to answer yes, but that didn't seem right.

"Well it just seemed like you were avoiding me! Do you not like that people can see we can actually be you know 'nice' to each other for once?" Allen used air quotes on the word nice, because honestly he had no idea what it was they were doing anymore.

Kanda said nothing looking away.
"Kanda." Allen was serious now. Even with the tenseness between the two Allen took notice of the fact that the calm feeling in the room never went away.

"The hell moyashi! No, it's nothing like that." Kanda dragged a hand over his face. Then surprising Allen he threw himself back onto the floor. He was even more surprised when Kanda grabbed hold of his sleeve and pulled him down roughly.

"What the hell bakanda!" Allen yelled as he went down hitting the floor with a thud that echoed in the large room. Now they were both laying shoulder to shoulder on the training room floor.

"Would you just be quiet for a minute." Kanda spoke softly and let go of Allen's sleeve, placing both hands on his stomach. Allen grumbled silently to himself before giving up and throwing an arm over his eyes to block out the light. They laid in silence for a long time, Allen felt his eye lids growing heavy and was tempted to keep them closed when he heard the movement of clothes.

"I prefer it like this." Kanda's voice rang in the heavy silence. Allen turned his head slowly to look at him and was met with half closed steel blue eyes. The angry lines between Kanda's brows were smoothed out and you could actually see how relaxed he was.

"When it's quiet."
Allen was about ready to argue, thinking Kanda was calling him loud when he spoke again.

"And we can just talk," he paused looking at Allen carefully, the corner of his mouth curling up."like the other night."

Allen's mouth opened to let out a small 'oh'. He really had not expect something like this from Kanda.

"So we're good then? No more fighting?" Allen tried not to put to much hope into his voice. Kanda seemed to think about it for a second before nodding his head slowly his half smile becoming a full one.

"Yeah moyashi, we're good." Allen beamed at the answer even with being called moyashi. It dimmed though when he saw Kanda's smile drop and his brows come together in thought.