night meetings part ten

"Funny seeing you here"

"Moyashi, I literally asked to meet you here."

Allen sighed into his hand. "I know Bakanda, I'm being funny and trying to make conversation."

"Oh" Allen laughed at the poor man in front of him. Their new meeting place was one of the many old sitting rooms scattered around the order. It was a lot warmer than the dinner hall and the training room. From his spot in the entry Allen could see the back of a couch that Kanda was  stretched out on. His head sticking out at one end and his legs the other.
"Never mind that now, but are you going to make me sit in that uncomfortable chair or-"

"Shut up and get over here." Allen didn't laugh but hoped his amusement showed clearly as he walked forward.
Going around the couch Kanda pulled his legs toward himself and placed his arms on his drawn up knees. Allen copyed his movements so they were facing each other, both their heads resting on their folded hands feet brushing against each other they were so close.

"Your hair is down." Allen stated simply content with the peace.

Kanda unfolded himself enough to reach out and move the thick white bangs out of Allen's face. His own dark strans falling to frame his. "And yours is too." his face twisted inwards. "And wet?"

"Yeah I thought I would take a bath before meeting you."

"And you couldn't dry your hair?"

"No?"

Kanda looked down at there feet mumbling."What is with you and not wearing shoes?"

"I-"

"Che your hopeless Moyashi."

"Hey! I don't have time to sit and dry it! It dries on its own anyway and its more comfortable without them!"

"Whatever. I knew you would do this again so I decided to meet here."Allen huffed but secretly appreciated the thought. Kanda silently kept the rhythmic strokes through Allen's hair making his eyes droup and stare off into space. He was brought back to Earth when Kanda stopped brushing his hair and pulled something off Allen's hand.

"Good, you kept it." Something bright flashed in Kanda's eyes when he eyed the hair tie.

"Yeah I thought you might want it back." Kanda looked back at him startled before smiling softly. Again Allen could only stare as he did.

"Nah, Moyashi I think you should keep it."

"Uh, thank you Kanda."

"Like I said I have more" Kanda gave him a cheeky smile swinging the tie around his finger before launching it into Allen's unguarded face.

"Hey!" Allen flinched in surprise and glared playful as Kanda laughed throwing his head back a bit.

"Oi Moyashi how have you made it this far, eh? Defeated by a hair tie of all things."

"You're an ass Kanda."

"Ta ta moyashi" kanda threw his earlier words back at him. Trying to mimic his more english accent making Allen snort and kick Kanda's shin.

The rest of the night followed along the same, random questions, light teasing and a short arm wrestling match that ended in an unclear winner when Kanda cheated by knocking Allen over.
When the sky lighten through the large pane glass, kanda and Allen still remained in the cozy room. Sometime after the unfair match they had both made it back on the couch and kanda had brought the ugly wooden chair over to use as a foot rest. Allen sat with his eyes closed and head resting on kanda's shoulder feeling it rise and fall to his breathing. Cracking one eye open Allen yawned not bothering to cover his mouth. Looking over at kanda he saw that his attention was already on him. An idea popped into his mind.

"Do you want to spar tomorrow?or later on I mean. You know because even though we are on good terms I'd still like to fight."

Kanda seemed to consider it before shrugging moving Allen's head. "Alright, but know that I won't go easy on you just because we're getting along. I'm still going to kick your ass."

"I wouldn't have it any other way Bakanda."

::::::******::::::******::::::

Have a good Morning/Day/Night!

-Rabbity