night meetings part twenty one

Kanda and Allen left the warm café to join in with the crowd. The sounds of people singing to the music filled their ears.

"The music is so beautiful!" Allen stopped to close his eyes and listen, humming to the quick melody.

"You know, I've heard you sing."

Allen opened an eye to give kanda a side glance. "I wouldn't really call what I do to open the ark singing Kanda."

Kanda smiled his hand finding its way to Allen's. "No not that. You sing when you wander the halls. I hear it when you go by my room."

Allen unsure what to say choked on his words. "Uh yeah its uh just something I like to do and-"

"I love it."

Allen was shoved suddenly against Kanda. Kanda didn't hesitate to protectivly wrap his arms around him and give a menacing look to the women who hit him.

"Watch it!" he growled unnecessarily.

"Sorry!" The young women scurried away from his glare.

Allen softly patted the chest he was still pressed against. "Kanda! It was an accident."

"Che. Just stay close to me."

Allen rolled his eyes. "Kanda I don't think I can get any closer." He wiggled his hands that were pinned between them.
Kanda looked down into Allen's eyes, a certain shine to them made Allen shiver.

"Are you sure about that?" Allen gulped at how deep his voice was and his eyes held him in a trance.
Another shove this time to kanda's side pulled them down to earth. Kanda released Allen and turned to cuss at the offender.

Allen let out a laugh under his breath pitying the poor soul. Taking the opportunity to look around him he could see just how wild the night had become. The number of dancers were increasing and the music growing louder and faster. The energy surrounding him was intoxicating. People gathered in groups or pairs. Allen Not wanting to get lost grabbed a hold of kanda's sleeve as he continued to cuss.

Once kanda calmed down they decided to check out the vendors and the occasional game booth.

They passed through the crowd and stopped at vendors that caught their attention. Allen had won a fish in a shell game but declined and gave it to a family next in line.

Eventually they made it back to the center square where the music was loudest and the number of people dancing was unbelievable.

Allen spun to face Kanda and exaggerated a bow. "Would you care to dance my kind sir?"

Kanda raised a brow. "Not really"

"Oh come on" Allen pouted trying not to laugh.

Kanda turned away from him just enough to avoid his eyesight.

Allen sighed but remained happy none the less.

"There is no one here going to judge you kanda. Dance with me!" Allen reached a hand out to him his voice soft. "Just this once."

"Che." Kanda slid closer to Allen and accepted the hand.

It was awkward at first. But slowly they found their rythum and held it tight.

Kanda twirled Allen until he started to get dizzy.

Swinging each other around and laughing to the music.

After what may have been hours of dancing, exhausted they held onto each other and swayed to the music.

Kanda rested his head against Allen's, placing his lips close to his ear. "See, better than dinner."

Allen smiled and nodded bumping their heads together. "Yeah, yeah."

"We could do this more often you know."

"Of course!" Allen leaned his head back talking excitedly. "Lenalee would like it here it's so peaceful, and lavi he would love the history it has! We could all come back as a goup-"

"Moyashi that's not what I meant, I meant just us."

Allen made a face at his own stupidity."Oh gotcha, so it's a date then!"

"You have no idea" kanda mumbled this but Allen caught it.

"No wait. Do you want it to be a date?"

"You oblivous- " Kanda cut himself off choosing to cup the side of the shorter male's face gently. "Moyashi what do you think I have been trying to do?"

Allen once again under kanda's intense gaze felt the familiar rush of blood to his face."I dont know! but I liked it"

Kanda shook his head laughing. "I swear, I don't know what to do with you sometimes, really, I don't."

Allen huffed. "Don't laugh at me bakanda."

Kanda stopped but held his loving smile. "Sorry."

He started to sway them to the music again and Allen relaxed into the crook of Kanda's neck.

"Just one more dance." kanda said quietly.