night meetings part eleven

Loud sounds of organized chaos floated around Allen as he stretched on the floor. He and Kanda had agreed to meet in the afternoon once they completed their regular duties. He was earlier then he meant to be, the science department telling him to take the rest of the day to relax. Surprisingly that happened to be sparring with kanda of all things. So he thought he might as well get a head start on his warm up. Letting his mind wander Allen breathed deeply pushing himself out of the splits and rolling back onto the balls of his feet.

A shadow crossed his vision before he could move again.

"Am I late?" he looked up to see kanda looking maybe upset? Allen wasn't sure at first the emotion new to see on him.

"Not at all kanda" Allen smiled reassuringly standing to face him.
"I was early." his face looked relieved before returning Allen's smile.

"So same as always?"

"Yeah, no innocence or other weapons. I already started my warm up and just about finished, but you can take your time. I don't mind waiting."

"Thanks." kanda reached up and pulled his hair into a tighter ponytail. Allen watched biting his lip. Kanda caught his staring and smirked slightly.

"What is it Moyashi?" his brow raised teasing the other. Allen not really sure how to answer grabbed onto the ends of his own hair.

"Can you-maybe-if you want can you." He could only gesture more with his hair tying to get his point across and cover his warm face.

Kanda's own face dropped only for a second before it was replaced with a grin."Okay"

Allen beamed, eyes wide as he rushed to remove the tie from his wrist. Wanting to get out of the way of others he grabbed Kanda's hands pulling him to the far wall where there were less people. He forced open Kanda's palm and put the hair tie in it then swinging around dropping to sit cross-legged on the floor. He patted the spot behind him indicating like it wasn't already obvious where kanda had to sit. Confused as to why it was still humanless he leaned back to look up at kanda only to see him hiding his face with one hand. The other still held the tie.

"That was ... honestly adorable moyashi." kanda peeked out under his hand, red from keeping his laughter quiet.

Allen faced forward again embarssed. "Shut up kanda!" 

"Alright alright." Kanda heaved himself down behind Allen, legs resting at his sides and started the process of pulling his hair back. Allen closed his eyes enjoying the feeling of fingers  running through his hair and the tingling feeling it left on his face.

Kanda tossed the finished product over Allen's shoulder letting him inspect it."There. Are you happy now?"

Allen lifted his head up after looking over the braid and being as sincere as he possibly could thanked kanda with a gentle gaze. Kanda mirrored it back simply happy that the moyashi was. Thinking this was a great time to joke around he placed a hand on Allen's head then brought it over slowly to align with his nose.

"Heh still short even sitting down."

Allen could see the steam coming from his ears he was so irritated.  Using kanda as a brace he roughly used him to stand up. Kanda taking that as his que stood too. Allen glared at him crossing his arms.
"Hurry up and get warmed up! We don't have all day!"

"What happened to letting me take my time?" kanda looked amused brushing himself off.

"That was before you called me short!"