night meetings part twenty

Kanda force the palms of his hands into his eyes."Right a dog. Because we have the time to look after another living creature. Moyashi you can barely take care of yourself. And you're not dragging me into it. If you want it, you look after it."

Allen was stunned by his words."But Kanda-"

"Oi. I'm not done. Maybe in the future moyashi when this is all over and done with, we can try."

Allen could only silently stare at his fidgeting hands on his lap. Kanda was taking this very seriously, when to be honest he'd ment it as a joke. But the way he talked about it made him want to get a dog, and feel relieved to know that there was a future for them. He was going to ask if Kanda really considered this a possibility for them but was interrupted by Shouto passing them their drinks. Allen hummed in pleasure as the warmth seeped into his gloved hands. He wanted to avoid and questions about his hand so left them on. Kanda gave him a look seeing his gloves and Allen shrugged in answer.

Shouto stood back clutching the tray he held close."Can I get you guys anything to eat? We do all kinds of different baked goods so just name it."

"Oh! Do you have a menu?"

Shouto looked at him confused "Um no. Sorry we do mainly baked goods and drinks. It's cookies and things. We have a list of them here." he gestured to the pamphlet in the center of the table.

Allen's face withered, he looked to kanda who was examining his drink.

"Not to be rude but can you tell us of any restaurants around here?" Kanda looked up and met his gaze.

Shouto gave him a pitying look. "No restaurants and the like closed earlier to give food vendors more visitors. Sorry. "

Allen felt his heart drop. This was not going how he had imagined.

Kanda spoke up lifting his drink. "The drinks are enough." He paused. "Thank you."

"I really didn't think this through." Allen dug at the sides of his head bringing his forehead to smack against the table.

Hands covered his and pulled them from his hair. "Moyashi stop it. This is nice, better then dinner." kandas hands moved to curve around Allen's face lifting it off the table.

"You're just saying that to make me feel." Allen mummbled.

"And it's working."

"I'm going to uh go now if that is all."

Allen turn quickly to see Shouto grinning at them, he hadn't noticed him still there. Kanda dropped their hands so they were intertwined on the table.

"Wait, sorry Shouto, but can I ask what the festival is for?"

"Of course." He leaned his tray on the table and looked out the window joy written on his face
"It's the towns 200th anniversary." he paused and mumbled quietly. "And ours."

Rubbing a ring on his right he then pointed out at the lanterns that illuminated the night. "It's tradition to celebrated the bright future our ancestors created for us with the lanterns."

"That's amazing Shouto!" 

"Yeah it never fails to make everyone happy."

"Shouto! You left a mess!" A male's voice came angrily through the kitchen door. Allen heard shouto laugh not bothered at all and yelled back.

"I'm coming Izuku! Sorry I have to go but please I hope you enjoy your time here." Shouto gave them one last smile before strauting back into the kitchen meeting an angry green haired man at the door. Allen's face turned a sickly sweet smile when shouto pecked, who he guessed was Izuku, on the cheek making him pout. A matching ring adorned his right hand.

::::::******::::::******::::::

So, this is late. Sorry about that.

And 1fangirlLifestyle I published it early haha

Also do any of you have any questions for me? Relating to the story or anything you want.
I'll try to answer them in the next part.

-Rabbity