Guitar Cry

Prologue;

He looks at me as his best friend.

I look at him as the boy that I am in love with.

The world looks at us as Hollywood's youngest couple.

"Can we take one more picture of the lovely couple before they go inside?"

Cody and I turned around with our fingers intertwined toward the paparazzi. I positioned myself sideways as Cody pulled me in closer toward his chest.

"Show me those pearly whites!" The paparazzi advised. He sent a cheesy smile in our direction, causing a smile to crack out of Cody.

"If I smile any wider," I muttered threw gritted teeth, "my face might fall off."

Cody chuckled under his breath and leaned his forehead onto mine. "Do you think you'll be able to make it threw another minute?" He whispered into my ear, causing goose bumps to form on the nape of my neck.

"I've been dealing with this for six months," I retorted, "I don't think another minute will kill me."

He gave me a sympathetic smile before posing. A flash went off, followed by a blinding light. Cody took my hand and led me down the red carpet. The two of us passed by many celebrities. Two celebrities that caught my eye were Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.

Don't get me wrong, Robert Pattinson is incredibly sexy, but that wasn't what I found appealing right now. It was the fact that they were something Cody and I weren't. A real couple.

Upon entering the building, we met up with Alli and Bella down the shallow lit hallway. "I'm surprised you went five minutes without answering your cellphone." Alli admitted.

I shot her a death glare. "You know how the paparazzi are," I reminded her.

Alli nodded. "They want you to have a big smile on your face before they trash you."

I gave her a high five. "And this is why we're best friends."

"And best friend's have things in common." Alli added. "Like not liking her." She pointedly narrowed her eyes at Bella, who was too busy sucking face with Cody to realize.

"Preach it, sister," I murmured, pushing her down the hallway. The four of us stood outside of the black doors before entering.

"I wish you the best of luck." Bella said. As if she hasn't left enough lip stick on Cody's face, she felt the need to plant a dozen more kisses on his face.

Alli motioned her pointer finger down her throat as if she were purging. "Could you use your lips for something other than kissing my brother?" Alli rudely interrupted them, pulling Bella out of Cody's embrace.

"How about I use it for insulting you instead?" Bella scornfully replied.

"You better thank the Lord each and every day that I am a Christian and go to Church." Alli warned Bella. That was followed by her doing the sign of the cross.

Bella rolled her eyes and gave Cody a wink before pulling Alli inside of the doors. I was about to follow behind them before Cody gently reached for my arm. I turned around to find our faces about an inch away from each other.

This could have been the perfect chance for him to confess his undying passion for me. Then we would totally go Taylor Swift on everybody and ditch the VMA's while running away, our fingers intertwined like before.

A girl could only dream.

"Yeah?" I breathed.

"Do you have anything in your purse that I could use to wipe all of this off my face? I don't know what my female fans will think about it," Cody smirked.

I gave him a small smile before reaching into my purse and pulling out a tissue. What? It was allergy season.

"Thanks." He said, taking the tissue from my hand and smudging it all around his face.

I nodded. "That's what friends are for."

Why couldn't I get it threw my head? That was all we were, all we would ever be.

Friends.

*~*~*~*

Oh no! Another cliche story line that I'm using? But, it's always these that turn out to be the best! :') This is a new year which means a new story. I hope y'all enjoy it. Add this brand new story to your Library, comment and vote!