Guitar Cry: Chapter (16)

"Can I be excused to the restroom?" I asked Rachel, the care-taker and nurse who assisted me while I was in the hospital.

Rachel stood up from the chair she was sitting in. I shook my head, gesturing for her to sit down. "That's okay, Rachel." I smiled. "I think I'll be able to go to the bathroom this time without getting poisoned.

"Are you sure?" She asked in a wary tone, half-playful, half-serious.

I nodded. "I'll be back as soon as possible." As I made my way down the cafeteria, I dissapeared into the crowd. Once I was sure Rachel couldn't see me, I opened the automatic back doors and slid into the courtyard.

I began walking down the narrow pathway as I fumbled with my skirt nervously. I was allowed to wear whatever I wanted, as long as it was easy to get into and showed enough skin for my regular check ups.

I was wearing a long skirt with sandals, and a ruffled top. I was going for a bohemian type of look today, and it definitely didn't make it seem like I spent the last week in a hospital. I looked very fashionable in the dull cafeteria compared to the patients wearing pale colored gowns.

I wasn't looking where I was going, and managed to bump into someone. I stumbled backward, looking up for a brief moment to meet their eyes, "I'm so--" I stopped apologizing mid-sentence when I realized who it was.

Him.

His blue eyes which were once filled with color now looked red and irritated. The perfect smile that he always wore was now replaced with parted lips. His features looked very similar.

They reminded me of how mine looked like right now.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I blinked my eyes, not sure whether it was truly him or not. "Cody?" I dared to ask.

He nodded and stepped backward, motioning for me to follow him.

The two of us didn't utter a word as we made our way to the courtyard. He took a seat on a bench beside a tree and I mimicked his actions.

(A/N: Listen to song over here, right now, puh-lease --->)

"How are you?" He asked, after a long and awkward silence.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Physically - I'm feeling a lot better. Emotionally - I feel like I'm going to fall apart any minute. That's been the usual for the past two weeks. How about yourself?" I asked nonchalantly.

He frowned at my words. "That's why I'm here right now."

"I don't understand."

"Look at you."

"I've been looking at myself through a Hospital mirror for the past two weeks. I don't think there's anything you're seeing that I haven't," I replied.

Cody shook his head furiously. "That's not what I meant." He paused. "What I mean is, I'm the reason why you feel the way you do inside. I'm the reason why you got hurt."

"Cody," I paused. I was still angry at him, that was for sure, but I couldn't have him leaving without knowing that nothing was his fault. I saw a crack of lightning in the sky ahead of us and watched as the clouds formed together.

It was going to rain very soon.

"This wasn't your fault. You're not the one who tried to posion me." I said.

Cody shook his head. "But I'm the reason why they did that. They did it because of me. If you would have never met me, none of this would have happened. I'm the reason why you're hurting emotionally right now."

"You're only hurting me emotionally by not being here for me." I muttered.

He sighed. "Please don't make this harder than it has to be."

"So what," I cried out in frustration, "you want me to go back in time and change nine years of my life?!"

It began to drizzle lightly. I was a nervous wreck right now. I stood up and began pacing back and forth. He wasn't going to leave me; he'd never hurt me. This is what all couples do. They fight and get it over with. This wasn't the end of our relationship.

"If that's what it'll take to get you to forget me." He breathed out.

The sound of thunder, the flash of lightning and the heavy rain matched what I was feeling inside - a combination of different things. I didn't know whether I should feel angry, sad, or mutual. All I knew was that whatever I was feeling, it hurt me.

"How could I forget you?"

My hair was matted against my head, our clothing was drenched, and the two of us probably looked like idiots arguing in the middle of the courtyard. I didn't let him respond. "Just. . .just hold me." I just needed to feel his arms around me one more time for assurance.

Cody looked as if he were contemplating whether he should or shouldn't. "I'm sorry, Santana."

Thank goodness it was raining. My tears were disguised by the raindrops that left streaks down my cheeks. I didn't want to seem any more vulnerable than I already was.

"This is what's best for us." He said over the rain.

I stomped my foot in frustration. "No, this is only what's best for you! I agreed to this life-style; you didn't force me. Don't give me a pathetic excuse for not wanting to be in a relationship with me. Just tell me that you you never cared about me so that I could make myself believe that this was all some sort of twisted joke. That I was never on cloud nine. That I was never living a fairy tail."

"I only came here to tell you that we can't do this anymore, not to lie."

With that, he walked right past me and out of my life.

I stood there, taking in everything that had just happened. Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe this was a nightmare and I'd wake up tomorrow, call Cody and make things right before they resulted in this.

It was Rachel who'd snapped me out of my thoughts. "Santana! What in the world do you think you're doing out here? I've been worried sick looking for you. Let's get you inside and out of these wet clothes."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Poor Santana! I felt so sad while writing this :'( I'm sorry for doing this to you guys, but just remember. . .Things fall apart so greater things can happen! ;-)

Cantana isn't over just yet ;D

If you thought this was sad: Vote and Comment! D:

I wub you guys! Don't be too mad, puhwease D:

HCHC,

Hugs and Cody

xoxo