Guitar Cry: Chapter (3)

A/N: Read the author's note at the end! (: ENJOY

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"And that is why you should never, under any circumstances, believe someone when they say they have candy in their van." Alli finished her never ending speech.

I raised my eyebrows as I balanced my iPhone in between my thighs. I wasn't really paying attention to whatever was coming out of her mouth because my mind was in the gutter. All I could think about was what happened last night between Bella and I.

Cody's chauffeur dropped me off at home last night so that I could change out of my clothes and take a shower. I made Alli and him swear not to bring up what had happened to Cody before they drove back to the Teen Club and acted as if nothing had ever happened. There was no point in trying to explain myself to Cody, the witch would have come up with an evil and twisted lie.

When I came over this morning, Alli was careful not to bring up the subject. She knew that I was the kind of person who liked to let things go and act as if nothing had ever happened.

"Are you even listening to me?" Alli asked in frustration.

I honestly shook my head. "Nope," I replied, popping the 'P.' Not listening to what Alli says isn't uncommon behavior for me. You'd be surprised at what this girl can talk about.

Alli sighed. "Whatev--" Her phone cut her off in mid-speech. Alli impatiently unlocked her iPhone and pressed it against her ear. "Hello?"

What if that was Cody? I brought my knees up to my chest. I was definitely listening right now.

"What? Slow down, Scoot." Scoot? Okay, good. It wasn't Cody; it was his manager.

"I don't underst--what, what happened?" I haven't seen or talked to Cody all day. I glanced at the clock which read 3:47 P.M. What if something happened to him?

"Where? I gotcha." Alli motioned for me to change the channel. I hesitantly picked up the remote. "Channel six," she added. What if they were going to show Cody being carried away by the ambulance? I couldn't see that. Shoving away my negative thoughts, I flicked threw the channels and onto channel six.

I mentally breathed a sigh in relief. Cody wasn't missing any piece of his body, nor did he look hurt. The expression on his face was unreadable, but by his actions you could tell that he was angry and upset. I watched in confusion as he punched a random boy that I recognized from last night's party in the face.

Alli and I gasped in unison. That was something totally out of nature for Cody. Alli dropped her iPhone and joined me on the couch.

"Ugh, turn it off." A voice from behind us suddenly moaned. I turned around to find Cody in sweat pants and an over sized sweat shirt. He looked as if he had just woken up and seemed annoyed. I quickly pressed the big red button on the corner of the remote and refocused my attention on Cody.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was no big deal," Cody murmured, looking me over once. I followed him into the kitchen as Alli finished her conversation with Scooter.

Before Cody could help himself to a bowl of cereal, I flicked the spoon out of his hand and he frowned at me. "If you're going to be mad, don't take your anger out on Tony The Tiger." He said, referring to the box of Frosted Flakes.

"I'm not mad." I assured him, taking a seat beside him in the table. "I'm not going to accuse you of anything until I hear your side of the story."

"I made a mistake. I punched that dude for no reason, and I apologized to him afterward." Cody stated.

I stared at him in bewilderment. "Now I'm mad." I corrected myself, pushing his bowl of Frosted Flakes toward me and taking a spoonful.