Guitar Cry: Chapter (20)

A/N: Listen to the song in the description while reading this chapter, puh-lease! (: -->

I slid back into the mahogany colored booth, unsure of how I should react. I kept my gaze on the menu in front of me, pretending as if I didn't see him.

I began fumbling with my hands nervously under the table. They were getting warmer with each millisecond. If my sweating palms, goosebumps on my forearm and parched feeling in my throat didn't indicate that I was nervous, I don't know what will.

It wasn't until I saw a pair of feet slide into the booth in front of me that I looked up. Even then, I kept my eyes focused on the booth behind his head. I wouldn't dare look into his eyes that would keep me captivated as prisoner.

"Santana."

I resisted the urge to put my earbuds into my ear and blast the music as loud as I could. His voice was enchanting and just as deceiving as his eyes. I felt as if his words were a melody that I couldn't help myself from singing along tunefully with.

"Please, look at me."

There were so many things processing through my head right now. I didn't know what to say, or how to respond -- if I should even respond. All I knew was that I didn't trust my voice right now.

"I know that I hurt you so bad that you can't even bring yourself to talk to me. If you can't do that, then all I'm asking is for you to listen."

I felt my head nodding, agreeing to whatever it was he said. Another warm and nervous hand slipped into mine as I was being led to the back of the restaurant.

I couldn't bring myself to pull my hand away and walk in the other direction. My body no longer had control over what it was doing. I wasn't listening to Cody.

I was listening to my heart.

And for some reason, I felt as if this was the right thing to do.

The scenery around us quickly changed as we stepped outside into the windy Spring night. Trees which were still bare from the winter surrounded a bench in the center of it. Illuminating lights were decorated on the tree, making everything look more beautiful then it already was.

I felt myself being escorted toward the bench until the both of us finally sat down. My eyes remained glued to the pavement below us, until I felt a hand cupping my chin; forcing me to look into his eyes.

It was different.

His eyes weren't as vibrant or full of color as I had last remembered. They now resembled the color of gray as if they were being trapped in some sort of dull and monotonous sphere.

I could feel the sorrow and heartache through them; to which they corresponded mine.

"So listen," he pleaded. "That's all I'm asking for."

When I didn't respond, he took this as his opportunity to begin. I was so mesmerized by his eyes that I didn't even realize the guitar situated on his lap.

I've been trying to find the right words
But they always seem to hit the page wrong
You see I tend to fight words
You breathe 'em into life, and they're gone

I need some louder speaking actions
They do what letters could never do
You see, you are my addiction
I need more than words to show you

So listen to me, so listen
Listen to my heartbeat

I'd like to think you understand me
But I never really like to assume
So you never have to ask me
I'mma let my actions tell you the tru-hu-huh

His song gave me the strength to finally respond. "Cody, I--"

"Sh," He cut me off shortly by pressing one of his fingers against my lips while leaning in closer toward my face.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you think you're doing?" I whispered, not bothering to move away.

"I'm going to let my actions show you," he murmured before compressing his lips against mine.

The two of us shared a romantic, long and passionate kiss before pulling away. I touched the spot where he had kissed me with my index finger. I never realized how much I had missed that, and how much I wished I could never let that feeling go.

And by the look of Cody's hungry eyes, I sensed as if he was feeling the same way. If I never had an opportunity to do this again, I was surely going to take advantage of it right now. I pressed my palm against the back of his neck, luring his face closer to mine again.

The two of us met each other half way -- colliding our lips against one another's. The feeling of assurance and security washed throughout me, making me feel fearless in the heat of the moment and craving for more.

He licked my lower lip, asking for an entrance. My hand somehow got tangled in his hair as he rubbed my lower back soothingly. I opened my mouth, providing him to do what the both of us were yearning for. His mouth was warm, the endearment of his lips more sensual then they had ever been.

Then it was all gone. As quickly as the kiss had come, it had left.

Cody stared at me with apprehension. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

He was right. He shouldn't have done that. He was only leaving me craving for more, which I knew I would never get because he was probably only here to end the tension between us and ask for some sort of friendship.

"Then why did you?" I asked, leaning out of his face. I smoothed my dress with my hands while waiting for his answer; never once breaking eye contact with him.

He took in a deep breath before responding. "Because I just needed to make sure that you still had feelings for me."

"Why does it even matter?" I snapped. "It's not like you care, anyway."

Cody took his warm hands into mine. He kissed my knuckles softly before saying, "I never stopped caring about you, Santana."