Guitar Cry: Chapter (7)

This chapter is dedicated to LeahNicole143 for being one of my dedicated readers for a very long time. I love the pet name you made up for Cody and Santana. Cantana forever! <3 Thank you very much, hun :')

SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MY MIND: If I have a song on the side, it's meant for you guys to listen to. Play it while you're reading, pretty please!

*~*~*~*~*

"Santana, can you pass the cereal box?" Cody asked, an amount of annoyance evident in his tone.

I poured milk onto my cereal. "Why don't you come and get it?"

"Because I'd have to stand up from my comfortable position." He nonchalantly replied.

I rolled my eyes at his response. "God blessed you with two legs, use them."

"And he also blessed you with a brain," Alli added, "use that too."

Cody looked offended. "You're supposed to be on my side!" He whined.

Alli snickered. "I'll be on your side when you man up to your mistakes and stop taking your anger out on Santana."

A dead silence fell over the room. I dropped my spoon and watched as it collided against the material of the plate. I began fumbling with my hands nervously, unsure of what to say. What could I say?

"I'll be in my room if you need me." Was all Cody said before excusing himself and trudging up the stairs.

I let out a long breath, burrying my head into my arm. Cody was the one who was at fault at this situation. I was only trying to be a good friend, and he couldn't accept that.

I knew I shouldn't have felt guilty, but could somebody tell that to my panging heart?

"Uh oh," Alli mumbled, immediately rushing to my side. "I know that face. You feel guilty, don't you?"

I shook my head from the position I was in. It was a good thing she couldn't have seen my face, otherwise she would have seen threw my lies. "I'm okay."

Alli rubbed my arm comfortingly. "Even though I think the idea of this is completely gross, try to look past the fact of you loving him. That's the only thing you're thinking of, even though he did you wrong. It isn't fair to you, and I know you know that."

I did know that. I just tried to push it aside. I looked up and met her eyes, sending her a real smile for the first time this week ever since the incident. "You're right," I said, nodding my head in agreement.

Alli sent a cocky grin in my direction. "When aren't I?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and kicked her under the table. "All of the time." I replied.

She gasped and pretended to look offended. "I'm gonna go cry now," she murmured threw fake tears, turning around and heading toward the stairs.

I stared at the iPhone perched on the kitchen table. "How are you gonna be able to call Christian in your room without your cellphone?" I smirked, waving her phone around in my hand.

Alli's eyes widened as she took the phone from my hand. "What makes you think that?" She muttered.

"Like you can tell when I'm guilty, I can tell when you're happy. I see the way your face lights up when you answer one of his phone calls or see him person." I thoughtfully replied.

"You can?" She asked, smiling a little bit. "What does it look like?"

"It looks like the one I have when ever I'm around your brother."