Guitar Cry: Chapter (14)

Hello my lovely chocolate coated strawberries! I'm so sorry for the long wait and apologize for any grammatical errors. I stayed up late until two in the morning last night writing this chapter on my notes. Enjoy!

*~*~*~*

"It's time."

"What's time?"

"It's coming."

Cody scrunched his eyebrows in confusion as he tried to piece together what I was saying. His eyes then turned into a darker shade in terror.

"Are you talking about the time of the month?" He questioned in horror.

I shook my head quickly, "Cody, I--"

"Alli, you're on chocolate duty this month." Cody interrupted me mid-sentence.

Alli moaned in frustration. "That isn't fair. I was on chocolate duty last month!" She protested.

"Yeah, but you're not the one dealing with her while she's on her period, are you?" He snapped.

I cleared my throat. "I'm not on my period," I calmly explained. "But I'll still accept your offer about chocolate."

Cody's eyes widened in realization. His eyes were now brightly lit in anticipation. "Then what do you mean?"

"What I mean is that my half-brother in on his way!" I cried.

Alli shrieked in excitement. "Pamela is having her baby? Oh my gosh, you're gonna be an older sister already! I'm so excited for you."

The two of us began happy dancing while squealing to one another in excitement. I've always had a close relationship with my father and step mother, so I was genuinely happy for the two of them when they told me six months ago that she was pregnant.

I was finally going to become a sister.

Not that I was looking for this situation as an excuse, but that meant I would get to buy more time before having to go back to Tennessee with my mother and step-father. I didn't get along with the two of them very well to begin with.

I always wished I could live with my father and step-mother, but I had no saying to that when I was younger and their divorce was finalized. I often kept my mouth quiet, and stayed with my mother for her own sake, but after she met my step-dad, she forgot about me and gave him all of her attention.

"I remember being just as excited as you when dad told me mom was coming home from the hospital after three days with a surprise." Cody admitted, crossing his arms and staring at us with an amused look on his face.

Alli blushed as he continued.

"I thought they were gonna bring home a puppy. Instead, they brought you." He finished with no emotion.

(A/N: I am aware of the fact that Cody must have been around one or two at the time, but just play along.)

Alli gasped and playfully punched him on the arm.

He touched the spot where she'd hit. "Was that supposed to hurt?" He asked sarcastically. "Wait -- mom and dad didn't tell you the story on how you got your name?"

Alli raised a brow in confusion. "No?" She replied.

"Well, we named you Alli because that's what I wanted to name the puppy I thought they brought." He explained.

"I was named after a dog?" Alli questioned to no one in particular.

I guess that's two exciting things
I learned about today in the last three minutes.

"Yeah, but I don't understand why you're surprised. You really know how to act like a bi--"

"Language."

Cody rubbed the back of his neck innocently. "I'm sorry."

"Anything else you guys want to confess?" I questioned them.

They shook their heads.

"Cody, what's the quickest jet we can ride to Florida?" I asked.

Cody but his lower lip. "I have two more days of studio work, then we're free to go."

I grinned at him. "Sounds good."

"I know what's next." Alli said, the corners of her lips tugging upward into a smile as she gave me a knowing look.

"What?" Cody asked, looking completely baffled.

"Baby shopping!" The two of us yelled in sync.
- - -

(Three days later)

We had arrived in Florida last night and were currently staying in a hotel. Pamela was coming home today and the three of us were hiding in the corner of the dark living room. My dad suggested we surprised her.

Pamela had met Cody and Alli before I met them. She went to college with Cody's father and my father. She loved the two of them as if they were her own children.

The door flew open, and a very tired looking Pamela stepped inside. My father walked in behind her, securely holding the car seat that I'm guessing my baby brother was tucked into.

"Surprise!" The three of us yelled, jumping up. Cody knocked over a lamp placed on the table beside him in the process.

Pamela's face immediately brightened as she saw the three of us. She hadn't seen us in a long time, and looked suggestively at Cody's arm which was around my shoulder. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she stepped toward us.

My dad smiled at us as he brought a finger up to his mouth. "You'll wake the baby," he whispered.

Pamela shooed him away with her hand. "Nathaniel got his good looks from me, and his ability to sleep over any sound from you." She stated.

"I'm not a heavy sleeper," Dad protested.

I missed their constant teasing.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, dear."

"Do you remember that night nine months ago when Nathaniel was first conceived? Do you remember how I couldn't sleep and how the whole entire process started?" She questioned.

"Ye--no," my dad hung his head low in defeat.

"Exactly! That's because you fell asleep halfway. In the middle of us f--"

"I missed you two!" I suddenly blurted out, sprinting toward Pamela and engulfing her in a huge hug.

Pamela chuckled and kissed my cheek. "I missed you too, doll face. All three of you! Now come here." She cried, pulling us all into a group hug.

After we greeted her, we moved onto my dad next. I laughed in excitement as he picked me up in his arms and bear squashed me. "I missed my little girl."

"Dad, I'm not a little girl." I mumbled in embarrassment as we pulled away.

He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as he observed me. "I can see that you aren't. You have boobs! I remember when I took you to Build-A-Bra for the first time to buy you a training bra." He gushed. "You were so excited."

(A/N: If anyone can guess where I used the reference "Build-A-Bra" from, they will get the next chapter dedicated to them!)

After a brief moment of catching up and smiling threw gritted teeth because of embarrassment, my father formally introduced me to my baby brother.

He was as pale as a ghost, something he'd obviously gotten from my dad. He had the same nose structure and eyes as my dad, two traits the both of us carried, giving him the detail to our resemblance. He inherited his cheekbones from Pamela, and her heart shaped lips.

He was the cutest baby I'd ever seen in my whole entire life, and I'm not just saying that because he's my sibling, but because it was true.

As my dad unbuckled his seatbelt, his eyes opened softly in sleepiness.

"Can I hold him?" I murmured.

My dad nodded, picking him up gently as he placed him in my arms. "Meet the newest member to our family - Nathaniel."

As soon as his body was pressed against mine, he began squirming and crying a little bit. Alli and I couldn't help but gush at how cute he looked as we tickled his feet and nose.

"I'll start the formula," Pamela said, dismissing herself from the living room and into the kitchen.

"Don't worry," Dad reassured me, "that means he likes you."

After Alli finished holding him, she gave him to Cody. As soon as he was cradling Nathaniel in his arms, he stopped crying and stared in astonishment at Cody.

It was good to know that I wasn't the only one who always seemed to be stars truck and dazzled by Cody's precious good looks.

Nathaniel stretched out his hands as far as his little body could go, in attempt at pulling on Cody's hair.

"Don't worry, little guy," I smiled, "you're not the only one crazy about his blonde locks."

I winked at Cody and he smiled at me before returning his attention to Nathaniel.

"He stopped crying." Pamela stated in awe as she walked into the room.

"That means he doesn't like Cody." Alli pointed out. "High-five buddy, I already like you!" She pinched his chubby cheeks.
- - -

After spending a week at my dad's house, we came back to the hotel for our last day. Cody had to be in the studio the day after tomorrow, and we had a seven A.M. plane to catch in the morning.

"I feel bad."

"Why do you feel bad?"

"Because with all of the excitement going on with your new baby brother, I forgot all about Valentines Day. I had something special planned for you, but it's back in L.A."

I smiled at Cody. "Please don't feel bad. I kind of forgot about Valentines Day too," I admitted. "That day is no different than any other day. It isn't a big deal." I reassured him.

Cody nodded slowly, half-believing me. "I'm kind of surprised."

"Why? Because I'm not your last girlfriend who was expecting a diamond ring on her finger for Valentines Day?" I questioned in amusement.

He shrugged his shoulders sheepishly. Neither of us liked talking about Bella, but we often made jokes or referred to her.

"I'll keep a mental note for next Valentines Day and the others following it that I shouldn't do anything big and fancy." Cody said.

It made me smile knowing that he planned on there still being an 'us,' in the future.

"To make up for that day, let's do something casual and something we never get to do." He suggested as he intertwined our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand.

I smiled at him. "Like what?"

"Go to the movies. That's what normal people do, right?" He warily asked.

I nodded my head and grinned at him. "How many times am I gonna have to tell you, Simpson? All because you're famous, it doesn't mean you're not normal." I reminded him.

Alli must have woken up from her nap because she stepped into the kitchen right then and there. "You think he's normal?" She cried, emphasizing on the 'he.'

I watched as she grabbed a random chocolate bar from a bowl the Hotel assisted you with. She dropped a five dollar bill in replace of the chocolate bar. She unwrapped it, took a bite and continued, "I lost faith in you when you started dating him anyway," she said, shaking her head and walking back to bed.

Leave it up to Alli to wake up from a nap, eat and go back to sleep.

(A/N: Sorry for so many A/N's LOL! But does anyone else do that? I do sometimes, haha!)

Cody rolled his eyes at her, then looked back at me lovingly. "I was talking about you, baby. You are anything but normal. You're extraordinary."

I smirked at him. "I wish I could say the same for you."

"Oh really? Would tickling get it out of you?" He threatened, rising up from his seat and taking menacing steps toward me.

Before I knew it, I was swept off of my feet and onto a bed. Cody climbed on top of me as he began tickling my stomach and neck. I was squirming around in his grip, trying to get him to let go.

"What will--EHE make you s-stop?" I cried in between giggles.

Cody pretended to think long and hard, only making the situation worst for me. "I think a kiss may be the answer to all of your problems." He said.

"Alright, alright, kiss me!"

"Gladly, but you know I don't roll like that, baby cakes." Cody smirked.

Oh, great. He was going to make me beg.

"K-k-kiss me!"

"I can't hear you."

"Kiss me, Cody Simpson." I grabbed the back of his neck as I pushed it toward my face. Our lips met almost instantly as we began kissing each other passionately.

He licked my lower lip, asking for an entrance. What was once an innocent game of fun, was now turning into a full-on make-out session.

"All because I'm asleep doesn't mean I've gone deaf!" Alli yelled, throwing a half eaten Snickers chocolate bar at our heads. "I need my beauty sleep for Christian."

"If you're trying to get your beauty sleep, then I don't think one night will be enough. I think I should knock you out into a coma instead." Cody blatantly said, causing another chocolate bar to be thrown at his head.

It was still wrapped, but broke in half when coming in contact with Cody's muscled arm, thanks to Alli's bad aiming.