Guitar Cry: Chapter (15)

I opened my eyes as they adjusted to the burnished lighting of the room.

The room had a faint smell of latex.

The walls were white.

I looked down to find the lower half of my body enveloped in ruffled white sheets. "Oh my God," I breathed out.

Why am I in here?

Where is everybody?

So many things were running through my head. I tried to piece together what could have happened, but my brain wasn't functioning properly. I couldn't make sense out of anything.

"I see you have awaken."

I twisted my neck around to the sound of the voice, only to find a young man in white with a clipboard at the source. He crossed something out of his clipboard, then lowered his eyes to look at me. "You must be a fighter. We were predicting for you to wake up in the next three to four days." He bluntly said.

I blinked, trying to make sense out of what he'd just said. "What?"

Without giving me as much as so much as an explanation, he walked right out of the room as he had walked in.

The only thing I knew was that I knew nothing.

There were wires on my forearm that connected to a machine beside the bed. The monitor made no sound, conveying that everything was okay. My heart that was once pounding against my chest in fear, seemed to fade into a gradual speed.

I heard the door swing open.

"Sir, you can't go in there yet," a nervous feminime voice called out.

The familiar sound of heels rushed to my bed-side. It was Pamela!

"What do you mean I can't go in here, yet?" My dad boomed. I've never heard him raise his voice in demand like that before. "She's my daughter, I have every right to come in here whenever I please."

"If you and your wife do not leave, I will have to call security." The woman threatened.

My father's voice softened. It was if the thought of him having to leave me again intimidated him. "Ma'am, do you have children?"

I couldn't see them because of Pamela's tall figure, but I could imagine the woman shaking her head right now. "I have two."

"And wouldn't you do anything to see them if you knew you weren't there to protect them?" He questioned.

The woman seemed antagonized by his question.

There was a long pause before she replied. "If anyone sees you, I was never here. You only have one hour before Dr. Reynolds meets with her again."

"That's all I ask for," my father said, "thank-you."

The door closed behind her as I heard my father's footsteps coming toward the bed. My heart picked up it's pace again -- anxious to see him.

Pamela and my dad pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "I didn't know if -- we thought you were going to -- I was so sca--" I cut Pamela's sentence off shortly.

"Just shut up and hold me." I hissed, pulling their bodies tighter against mine. The three of us began to cry happily as we were reunited once again.

After we all calmed down and relief washed through us, my dad told me how the hospital looked as if they were feeding me disgusting food through tubes. He offered to sneak in ice-cream from the cafeteria downstairs, and me being me; I couldn't resist.

When he exited the room, I dared to ask the question I was thinking ever since I woke up. I couldn't ask it in front of my dad because I knew he would get emotional.