Guitar Cry: Chapter (23)

Confessions Of A Shopaholic

- - -

"Yes, dad. I know, I know."

"I was just caught up in the heat of the mo-- I know, and I can't stress enough how sorry I am."

"Please don't be ma-- no!" I let out a frustrated sigh as my father continued yelling through the other end of the reciever. "No way."

Cody watched me keenly with peculiar eyes. I lowered the payphone onto my chest so Dad couldn't hear me. "He said he's trying to get a flight back to Florida for tomorrow morning so he can come and pick me up," I explained.

His expression changed into a worried one; the same kind I had as well. Before he could protest, I brought the phone back to my ear again. "You can't do that -- well, because I'm leaving the countr-- what? No dad, I'm not pregnant!" I half-yelled, causing people in the airport to glare at me in a dissaproving manner.

I held up my middle finger, flipping off all of those people. If you couldn't have already guessed, I was in a very bad mood. "Piss off." I warned through gritted teeth to all of the bystanders.

My eyes widened when I realized I still had the phone against my ear. "Oh, no, dad -- not you!"

I could make out shifting in the background, and let out a sigh of relief when I recognized Pamela's voice on the line. "I'm so-- Pamela, is that you? I swear, I've never been happier to hear your voice."

Her voice was luminous and her words were disciplinary. It was oblivious that she was angry as well, but unlike my dad, she managed to keep her composure.

"I understand."

With that being said, I heard the other end of the line go dead without even as so much as a goodbye. The two of them knew I was safe and sound with the Simpsons; but that still didn't give me a reason to run away like that.

Cody ran up to me, knearly knocking me over with excitement. "What did they say?"

"They said. . ." I bit down on my lower lip, trying to make it seem like I was about to deliver bad news. The look on Cody's face was priceless. "They said it was alright. That doesn't stop me from getting grounded when they come back, but at least we'll have a whole entire month to enjoy together."

He picked me up and whirled me around, holding onto me tightly. I giggled into the hug, kissing his forehead. "Even if they had disagreed, it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I would have come to Australia with you anyway." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Cody placed his arm around my shoulder as we continued walking toward our terminal. Two of his bodyguards were on either side of us. When Alli came into view, I knew we were close.

I was going to be in Australia for one month with the Simpson family. Could my life get any better?

- - -

When we arrived in Australia, the first thing we did was drive back to the house we rented by the shore. It was raining by then, leaving us with nothing fun to do but pack.

"And that's the last of my things," Alli breathed out. "Thank goodness."

I nodded my head in agreement. "You've been unpacking for over an hour. What the heck did you have in there?" I asked, opening the drawers she was using.

"Heh, y'know, just. . .clothes." She sounded nervous as she said this. I was too busy being fascinated by her clothes to even notice.

One piece in particular stuck out. "This looks adorable," I squealed, pulling out a pair of lace light-washed shorts. "This looks a lot like the one I bought in Ne-- Alli."

Alli pulled the shorts out of my hand and held them innocently. "Okay, so maybe I was packing your clothes too. . ."

I began rummaging through her drawer and saw at least fifteen other things that belonged to me. "You have some serious explaing to do." I said, closing the drawer and turning around to look at her.

Alli bit her lower lip. "I wasn't planning on wearing them. . ."

I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow at her.

"Okay, fine, maybe I was," she mumbled. "But I was only gonna borrow them!"

"And by borrowing, you mean never giving them back."

"Yeah, pretty much."

I couldn't help but chuckle at her. "What am I gonna do with you?" I asked, shaking my head and sighing to myself. Alli joined in on my laughter.

"So. . . Does this mean I can still keep them?"

I didn't hesitate. "No."

"But, I--"

"No."

"Fine."

"Am I ruining a moment here?" Cody asked, peeking his head in through the doorway.

Alli shook her head quickly. "Nope, your lovely girlfriend here just decided to let me borrow a pair of her shorts." Alli grabbed the shorts from my hand. "Isn't she great?" She quickly asked, walking backward toward the door.

She pushed Cody toward me in her defense. "Go tell her how great she is!" Alli cried, before locking the door and slamming it shut behind her.

Cody stared at the door in confusion. "Do I even wanna. . ." He contimplated, before quickly deciding, "nah."

I shook my head. "My best friend's such a dork."

He smiled. "My baby sister is a loser. We should start a Fan-Club about how much we hate her," he jokingly suggested.

I gasped and playfully hit him on the chest. "Cody -- that's so mean! . . . I like it."

"Well, if you like that, there's plenty of m--" He began, making a 'dirty' joke.

I cut him off by placing a quick kiss on his lips. "So, since it's raining, what are we gonna do today?"

"Mom and Dad are going out shopping to stock up on food, and I was thinking we could shut all of the curtains and make this place pitch black. Are you up to marshmallows, hot cocoa and scary stories?" He asked.

I grinned. "If there's food involved, I'm in!"

". . .Or. . ." He smirked. "We could just always skip that and do what I suggested before. . ."

I playfully kissed him again. I smiled, pulling apart from him and walking toward the door. "Now I see where Alli get's her dweebiness from."

Cody chuckled, "Santa?"

I unlocked the door and opened it, stepping outside. I leaned my head on the door before leaving to catch up with Alli. "Yeah?"

"You're great."

<3

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Kay guys! Sorry it's short. . .keep on reading to find out why ;D

CONTEST: Okay, for this one, all you have to do is comment. BUT in the comment you must include this (I need your help!)

1.) Do you think I should start naming my chapters? If I should, this one would have been called 'Confessions Of A Teenage Shop-a-holic'

2.) Do you guys want me to make long chapters every 3-5 days or update daily and make 1-2 pages? I like updating daily and making the chapters shorter, in my opinion. It builds up more suspense and makes the story last longer! :)

K, thanks guys! Enjoy!

xoxo