Chapter 9

By the time I get home, I feel like I'm floating. I sent Ed a text so that he would have my number and he replied straight away with ;) x.  It is imminent that he will be spending time with me in my own home and I don't know what to feel or think.

First things first, I get home and check to see the status of my parents whereabouts. Both at work and going for a meal afterwards. Next I figure I had better tidy up. It's not everyday a famous singer pops around for a cup of tea.

Once that's done, the waiting begins. I try to read a book. Fail. I try to eat. Fail. I end up sitting on my bed, staring at my phone, willing it to ring or beep the arrival of a new text.

It occurs to me that I must have his trust. I mean, I know he put his number in my phone under a pseudonym but he still gave it to me and just like that as I sit thinking about this wonderful man and how he has chosen me to trust my phone buzzes and comes alive.

*What's your address Love?*

It's Ed. Shit. I type in my address and then delete and retype as my shaking fingers made so many mistakes first time around that if he followed  my directions, he would end up in Siberia.

Within seconds he replies *be there in5 x*

The butterflies return. I sit on my bed next to the wall peeping out of the window to see if I can see him. Then I panic. I run to the mirror and smooth my skirt and shirt. My hair is a mess but I only have time to run a brush through before I hear a car pulling into the driveway.

I quickly peep out the window and see that Ed is alone. He drove himself to my place. No security with him, no scary Stuart. Just Ed, wearing jeans a white t-shirt with a plaid top over it. His hair is messy and he brushes it from his face in the most adorable way.

I suddenly realise that I should be downstairs to open the door and let him in, not staring out of my bedroom window hoping he doesn't catch me.

I run, nearly falling arse over tit down the stairs just in time to hear him knock.

I try to compose myself and open the door, he stands with a smile, a gorgeous smile and holds his arms out for a hug. I walk into his arms and I am falling again. I barely hear him say "Alright Love?" as he gently pulls out of the hug.

All I can do is smile and nod and direct him inside. It's now that I realise I haven't spoken yet. "How was your day? Have you been busy? It doesn't seem like only a few hours ago that I saw you". Ed bursts out laughing and I can't help but giggle when he calls me a little chatter box before answering my questions.

"My day has been crap. I'm so tired but I shouldn't complain, I really love what I do but sometimes I wish I could just take time out and be normal Ed, not famous Ed, if that makes any sense at all?"

He peers at me from underneath his fringe with a quizzical look. I'm not sure how to respond. I don't want to sound stupid. I don't want to sound like a crazy fanatic, I just want to be...normal around him.

"well, my Nan always told me that a cup of tea can turn any day around, so how about it?"

"Tea?" Ed grins, "That sounds lovely, thank you".

I go to leave the room when I suddenly feel Ed's warm fingers wrap around my wrist. My cheeks flush and I feel all warm. I  turn to face him and he says with a grin "milk and 2 sugars in mine please".

I giggle. Oh my God, I giggled in front of him, after which I made a hasty exit into the kitchen. I'm not going to be able to get through this afternoon. I'm already a puddle of mush and he has only been here for a few minutes. How am I going to be able to sing and be normal?

The whistle of the kettle boiling alerts me and I prepare the tea. I hear Ed humming in the background and then the sound of a guitar. He's playing my guitar whilst I make tea. I could get used to this...