Pinch Me

I'm falling. I'm falling into a deep abyss of, I don't even know. I think it's happiness but I know I'm falling. And he is there, catching me. His warm, tattooed arms around me, his chest pressed against me, I grab onto him for dear life. If this is to end...then I want to hold onto him for as long as I can.

This has to be a dream. These sort of things don't happen to me. I'm going to wake up soon. I'll pinch myself and wake up. But I don't want to.

"Josie?"..."Josie?"

"Sorry Ed, I'm just, I dunno, just excited. My head is spinning a bit and I don't know where to start".

"Well, practising is where you're gonna have to start", Ed reminds me with a bump.

I'm out of my depth here, I know I am but I will do anything it takes to get the chance to be this close to him for as long as I can.

"How, will we do this?" I ask, "I mean, what songs will I need to learn and all that?"

"Weeelll, I have to dash shortly but as far as I know I'll be back around this way later this afternoon. We could meet up for a couple of hours and go over some stuff before I have to head to Nottingham tonight".

"Ok, that works for me, where shall I meet you?"

"How about your place?" Ed asks and for some reason I feel myself blush.

"If not, then maybe we can just hang out in the back of the truck again?" Ed says with a wink.

"No", I smile and get myself together, "My house is fine".

"Right then, I'm going to give you something and you have to swear on your life that you won't give it to anyone else, ok?" Ed talks sternly looking me right in the eye.

"Ssure, I"m not in the habit of over sharing with the friends I don't really have anyway," I say and then wish I hadn't.

Ed looks at me thoughtfully, then grabs his phone. 

"Give me your phone," he demands.

HE takes it and starts pressing buttons. When he hands it back there's a new contact on display.

Little Red Riding Hood, followed by a number.

"Hahaha, I take it that' you then?"

Ed chuckles softly, "WEll, you didn't think I was going to put Ed SHeeran in there did you?". 

"AS if anyone would actually beieve me if you di," I say almost too quietly.

"They will when they see you on stage with me," he winks and pats my back, ushering me back inside.