PART 12, SECTION 9

Lindsay was two steps ahead of me.

"Move fast as hell, Ash," she called out. She was confident, but I could tell she was scared too. I hoped I was doing the right thing by trusting her.

She'd bounded across the pickup's bed, leapt over the tailgate, and, taking one step on the trailer hitch, pulled herself up on top of the camper trailer.

Already the mob of desperately lustful men were falling over themselves to move from the front of the pickup around behind to the trailer.

I hurried to follow after Lindsay. As I stepped down onto the trailer hitch, one guy, a slim college student in glasses, grabbed for my foot. I kicked him away, just as the same guy in the suit who'd incited the mob lunged for me.

From atop of the camper trailer, Lindsay opened the roof hatch. Then she grabbed my hand and pulled me up on top of the camper. The guy in the suit just missed grabbing my shoe, and fell, hitting his face on the pickup's bumper.

I could vaguely hear Shawn and Ian calling out behind us, still shocked that we'd actually gotten out of the pickup. They had no idea what we were doing. And, honestly, I still didn't either.

Lindsay lowered herself through the camper's roof hatch, and I followed her down inside. As soon as I collapsed onto the camper's floor, Lindsay closed and locked the roof hatch.

"Hell yes!" Lindsay grinned at me and grabbed my shoulders. "Hell yes, Ashley! We made it!"

I smiled back at her.

"We made it," I panted. "But now what?"

Lindsay knelt on the camper bed and slid the back window curtain open.

Then she tore off her shirt.

"What are you doing?" I was still as confused as ever.

Already, a couple of guys from the mob were at the camper's rear window, leering at us through the glass.

"I don't think I ever told you this," Lindsay said. "But when I met Bryce, I was working as a stripper. I hated it. But I learned a lot. And maybe what I learned can pay off now. Just follow my lead, okay? Just do exactly what I do."

Lindsay knelt right in front of the camper's back window and smiled coyly at the guys outside. She held her hair up, arched her back, and blew a kiss through the glass.

Finally I understood what she was doing. She was an incredibly attractive, TGV-positive, one-time stripper. I was full blown stage-three, which meant pheromones were coursing through my veins, and it just so happened that every guy in the mob wanted desperately to screw me. If we gave this mass of jack-off positives outside just a taste of what they wanted here in the camper, then, hopefully, we might just be able to lure them away from the pickup and stop blocking us in.

Lindsay slipped a bra strap down over her shoulder, thrust her hips toward the window and slowly started unbuttoning her jeans.

I took off my shirt.

By now at least twenty guys had crowded around at the back of the camper. A pathetic cheer rose up when I unclasped my bra and ran my finger from my lips and down between my breasts. I couldn't quite keep up with Lindsay's practiced moves, but I thought I was doing all right, especially for someone who'd just donated two pints of blood and could barely keep my balance.

Was I demeaning myself? Absolutely. Was I terrified that someone would actually get inside the camper? Yes. Freaked out. Was it for a good cause? Well, I hoped so. . . All I knew was that I didn't want to let anyone else die unless they absolutely had to die.

Even if they really, really deserved to die.

A couple of muscle-heads pounded on the window, half idiotically entertained by our posing and half irrationally enraged at the glass between us. The crowd of men at the back of the camper grew. One guy started to lick the window, oblivious that I was actually trying to save his life despite the fact he was bent on forcing himself on me.

Seriously. You can't be a bigger asshole than that. It just doesn't happen.

Just as Lindsay and I both were teasing our fingers around the edges of our underwear, the camper lurched forward. We both almost toppled over with the sudden acceleration.

Lindsay's plan had worked. The mob had cleared away from the front of the pickup enough to let Ian move forward.

Now we picked up speed. The mob of thanklessly libidinous men stumbled after us, furious that we'd outmaneuvered them.

I didn't see any bodies lying in the road. We'd escaped without killing anyone.

Lindsay gave me a huge smile. We both laughed.

Before even taking the time to put our clothes back on, we gleefully flipped off the diminishing men who were now choking on our exhaust.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing. xxBailey