chapter four...

"tell me."

"i got drunk and s-slept with n-niall. i c-cheated on you liam and i'm so sorry!"

liam snatches his hands away and stands up from the bed. "don't. touch. me."

zayn cries and crawls off the bed, throwing himself on his knees in front of liam. "p-please don't leave me! i'm sorry, i'm so sorry!"

liam steps back. "why are you crying!? i'm the one who just got their heart broken."

zayn stands up and tries to grab liam's hands, but liam snatches them away. "i was drunk- it was a mistake, please don't leave me! i love you liam."

"no you don't. otherwise you wouldn't have cheated." liam is close to crying. he doesn't want to cry in front of zayn, though, he needs to get out of there.

liam slides the ring off his finger and throws it on the floor. "here's your ring back. we're over."

zayn sobs and falls onto his knees again, grabbing at liam's legs as he walks away. "liam please." is all zayn can say as he cries uncontrollably.

liam doesn't stop walking though. he keeps walking until he leaves the house he once called home and the man he once called his fiancé.

***

it's nearly one a.m when liam reaches louis' house. he bangs, pounds, and kicks on the door. he screams his best friend's name, ringing the doorbell repeatedly.

he wants to break down but he needs to be in his best friend's arms.

"who the f uck are you and why are you- liam?"

"louis." liam says and throws himself into louis' arms. he immediately starts crying and louis wraps his arms around him without hesitation.

"what's wrong, love?" liam doesn't answer, just continues to cry. "come on. let's get you to bed."

liam reluctantly pulls away, following louis to his room. louis switches on the light and turns back to liam who was silently crying. "do you want to lay down?" louis asks.

liam scrambles to the bed, pulling the blanket up under his chin. louis turns the light back off and lays down next to liam. "come here." liam shuffles closer to his best friend, laying his head on his chest.

and liam cried. he cried and cried and cried until he fell asleep.

***

"i don't know el. he just came here in the middle of the night... no he didn't tell me why, i just told you i didn't know!... sorry, i just hate seeing him like this. he was so.. broken... yeah i know.... okay i will.... love you too, bye." louis hangs up and rests his phone on his bedside table.

he turns on his side to face liam, and leans in. "wakey wakey, lima shakey." he sing-songed.

"no." liam mumbles and pulls the blanket over his face.

"you have to, i made breakfast." louis says and pulls the blanket off of his face. "and i don't just make breakfast for anybody. you have to be special. and the only people i actually give a damn about are you, eleanor, my siblings, and my mom. that's all. so be appreciative."