epilouge...

two years later...

"when we get there, go straight in. don't stop for pictures but you can afterwards." paul tells liam. liam nods and puts on his sunglasses. "i'm serious liam."

last time paul told liam to go straight in, liam didn't listen and stopped to take pictures with the fans. this lead to total chaos and soon liam got mobbed.

"okay! i'll go straight inside."

paul narrows his eyes suspiciously. "louis. eleanor. stand by his side and make sure he doesn't stop."

"come on paul." liam teases. "can't you trust me?"

"no i cannot." paul says and runs his hands over his face. "alright let's go."

the van door opens and liam is immediately blinded by bright flashes. he hops out the vehicle with eleanor and louis by his side. paparazzi and the fans are screaming his name and he so badly wants to respond, but he was told not to.

they make it inside with little hassle and the trio follows paul upstairs in the huge restaurant. "the rest of the party are already here. we're running late.. like always." paul yells.

"don't look at me. king liam and queen eleanor were taking their sweet time becoming beautified." louis says and looks at the two.

"hey! being beautiful is hard, right liam?" eleanor asks.

"hardest thing i have to deal with." liam over exaggerates and rolls his eyes.

they walk past a table where a family is singing happy birthday to a little girl. liam coos and keeps walking but stops when the girl yells "mom look! it's liam!"

"liam come on. paul said not to stop." louis says and tries to pull liam away.

"he said not to stop outside." liam gives louis his best puppy eyes. "please louis? it'll only be a minute."

"fine. but if i get in trouble, your a ss is mine." he says and grabs eleanor's hand, walking away to the private room their party was hosted in.

"hi sweetheart. what's your name?" liam asks the little girl.

"lux. are you really liam payne?" lux asks.

"i sure am. i heard your family singing happy birthday to you, how old are you now?"

"four!" she said and holds up five fingers.

liam chuckles and puts one of her fingers down. "wow! you're a big girl! happy birthday!"

"you're on my cake." she says and points to her cake. liam looks over and sure enough his face is plastered on the cake.

"i love it!" liam smiles.

"can she get a picture with you?" her mom asks.

"of course." liam squats down next to lux and rests his hand on her back.

"say 'i'm with liam payne!'" her mother says.

"i'm with liam payne!" lux yells as the picture is being taken.

liam chuckles and rubs her back. "happy birthday sweetheart. eat an extra piece of cake for me." he winks.

lux giggles. "okay. i love you liam."

"love you more." he smiles and turns to her family. "nice meeting you guys." he waves goodbye to the family and walks away.

he wishes louis would've waited for him because now he doesn't have a clue where to go. "did they even walk this way?" he asks himself. "or maybe they went the other direction." he says and turns around.